CHANTIX... for quiting smoking...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BILLCAMO, Nov 25, 2007.

BILLCAMO New Member

I probably should post this on the CFS/FMS board , but I can't keep up with that board any longer. Maybe someone here has or can.......

I have been taking Chantix to help me to quit smoking. As always , RX's can have a different effect on us than on "normal" people. And , sometimes , just a more pronounced effect.

Recently , the news has said that some of the Side Effects(SE) of Chantix MAY be the cause of some of the things I've experienced . I had some of the "SE's" stated on the label/warnings , but I've think I've had a few NOT stated.

But they are very simular to what has been "suggested" on the news.....created &/or increased depression.........up to & including "severe" depression....

Being much more easily "agitated".....including more anger , irrational behavour , and possible increased violent reaction.....

Problems keeping organized thoughts.....

Lack of energy &/or an increase in fatigue...

Increased or increasing pain........

Increased strange and/or unusual dreams.....

Most of these could be connected with CFS/FMS......But who knows ?

Chantix has moved me closer to quitting to smoke.....But are the risks worth the "help" ?

Input is appreciated and so would someone who has more "energy" of posting this info on the CFS/FMS board for more info and answers....

The answers from the Co. that make Chantix are that: "....quitting smoking can have the same side effects...".....I've tried before without these same effects......

Food for thought & a request for input..& sharing with others.....

I've noticed that some people have gained ground with expensive options with these DD's that I can't afford . And relatively less expensive help with controversal options such as "Cannibus"...

All input appreciated !

..Thanks !

Blessings ,

(PS.....if I find the energy , I'll try to copy and paste this to the main board.....).
  2. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I successfully quit smoking last year for 5 months using the Nicocure system. Yes, it is a bit expensive...but only about the cost of a few cartons of smokes.

The cost is based on how many cigs you smoke per day. For me, I need the 40 day plan so it's more expensive than someone who smokes less.

I had no side effects....none. No bitchiness, no weight gain, no grouchiness....nothing.

My second attempt failed because I used Zyban along with it (Wellbutrin) and this caused immediate depression and problems with going to the bathroom. You have to read the small print very closely to find this side effect.

I have another attempt with the Nicocure in the mail but have yet to receive it.

For me personally, it's the only way to go. All Natural and no side effects...who'd have thought it's possible.

Btw...I'm a heavy smoker and have been for over 30 years...but this system made it EASY!!!!

Hugs and best of luck,

Nancy B
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

Knowing how I've reacted so oddly to so many rx's, I can't help but think perhaps you should go off it to see if the sx disappear... possibly give it another try later and see if you get a repeat performance.

That said, both my kids (one has chronic Lyme) had no problem using Chantix to stop smoking with no side effects.

But, I can't tell you how many times over the years I've experienced unheard-off side effects (in mainstream medicine, at least) , and had MDs write me off as psychosomatic...

now I realize that it's because we have these other 'autoimmune' problems interfering with our systems.

Hope you're back to feeling more 'normal' (whatever that may be) soon.

All the best,

4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Longtime no see :), hope things are going well for you.

I put your post on the CFS/FM board for you, its under my name (only way I know to do it), but put your name and CHANTIX in the subject line.

Take care of yourself!

Shalom, Shirl

BILLCAMO New Member

of you who replied. A special thanks to Shirl for moving this info to the CFS/FMS board. There , it has the potential to gather more input and possibly help more it doesn't really matter who gets the "credit".

Blessings ,