Charlie Horse in Calf HELP

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by janie056, Jan 1, 2007.

1. janie056

janie056 New Member

Good Morning Everyone,

This is new to me and was wondering if someone might be able to help.
    Three nights ago I had a charlie horse in my calf that made me jump out of bed at 3am! I've had many of these before but this was quite out of the ordinary.
    It felt as though the muscle in my calf was twisting or something.
    Now this is day three and my entire calf still hurts terrible.
    I've tried about everything I know to feel better, I can't even touch it!
    Can anyone suggest something? Please.

Love to you all,
    Jane
  2. janie056

janie056 New Member

Bumping for help!
  3. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

vitamins? I assume you are but make sure you are getting enough iron. It can lead to leg cramps if you're not getting iron. Other ideas- warm bath before bed, some might say to put a bar of soap under the sheet before you go to sleep (doesn't work for me), or doing stretches during the day. Charlie horses are painful, aren't they? Sounds like you had some bad ones.
  4. janie056

janie056 New Member

I am anemic and am supposed to be taking these iron pills the doc gave me, but it's killing my stomach!
    I am having major back surgery on the 17th and want to have my own blood used, but they cant unless I get this taken care of.
    A bar of soap? Never heard that one.

Thanks,
    Jane
  5. elliespad

elliespad Member

If you buy Chelated Iron, that should be less traumatic on your gastro tract.
  6. minkanyrose

minkanyrose New Member

I had that 6 years ago parilized me for 6 months.

I had triger point injections that worked for about a week then back again.

I was told to eat a lot of dark green vegtables to avoid more cramping that helped after I went to accupuncture I got total releif after the accupuncture and eating a lot of dark gren veggies has helped me.

i was the biggest sceptic on accupuncture no way did I beleive in it but I got to the point where I said do what ever you have to do even if it involves cutting off my leg so I tried accupunctura and have never had it happen again.

Hope you get to feeling better soon I know how disabling that is annd message hurts even more. Brenda
  7. janie056

janie056 New Member

I will try all that you have posted. I know I don't eat enough green veggies, i do drink TONS of water and take many supplements.
    This was the first time ever I've experience so much pain from one. Usually it will only hurt for a little while after, but three days!

Thanks again,
    Jane
  8. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

Tell your Dr about the Iron making you sick and he will give you a prescription for Iron that don't make you sick. My Dr did for me. I too am anemic.I don't remember what the name was but the Dr will know.
    Hugs Shirley