Charlie Horses & feet & leg cramps

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Grandma6, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Grandma6

Grandma6 New Member

I have been having the worse charle horses & cramps in my feet and legs lately. It will even wake me up when I'm sleeping. I have had them off and on for years but recently it is happening all the time more than once a day.

Does anyone else have these problems?

Grandma6
  2. Jo29

Jo29 New Member

I have had the cramping in my feet and legs, but not the charlie horses. My doctor just put me on potassium pills. I haven't gone to pick them up yet,but will probably get them today or tomorrow.

I believe that my cramping is caused by taking water pills and they can dehydrate me. At least that is what my doctor thinks. I am on lasix.

Also, I am on Cymbalta, and that seems to take away a lot of my water retention. So that my add to the problem.

Jo29
  3. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

I take Potassium before bed and that helps me a lot. A lot of drugs rob the systom of Potassium,such as heart drugs,Water pills,etc.Most people don't know that when you are very very low on Potassium that you can die.Also if you have a muscle relaxant(Klonopin)etc,that will help cramps in legs and feet.
    Shirley
  4. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

I take extra magnesium and it helps a lot. Be careful not to take to much or it can give you diarrhea.

Tigger
  5. nanna4550

nanna4550 New Member

Liqumins Ionic Potassiuim 99mg. One dropper (1/4 teas) taken for leg cramps does the trick.
    I think I got them a Vitamin Shop.
  6. spasco

spasco New Member

can also be caused by a calcium deficiency. That always did the trick for me.

God bless! Stephanie
  7. gottagetbetter

gottagetbetter New Member

bananas! They are full of potassium.