Chasing this disease

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jeanann, Aug 29, 2002.

1. jeanann

jeanann New Member

Does any one feel like you are chasing this disease, or perhaps its chasing us and we are trying to stay one step ahead. I have been in denial that i really have this disease. I was dxd October 2001. I feel i have been running to try and get rid of it!!!! Accupunture, rolfing, massage now guaifenesin. Doctors, doctors, therapists etc. chasing this thing trying to get rid of it. Now i am beggining to know that i will have this thing and i just need to accept it and change my life style. I have been fighting changing my life style, i still feel like i am fighting it. i want to go out and work (work aholic) plus work at my home business. i am trying so hard to take care. And take care of me, but i have to sacrafice my old way of life. love jean ann (((((((HUGS))))))))))
  2. jeanann

jeanann New Member

Does any one feel like you are chasing this disease, or perhaps its chasing us and we are trying to stay one step ahead. I have been in denial that i really have this disease. I was dxd October 2001. I feel i have been running to try and get rid of it!!!! Accupunture, rolfing, massage now guaifenesin. Doctors, doctors, therapists etc. chasing this thing trying to get rid of it. Now i am beggining to know that i will have this thing and i just need to accept it and change my life style. I have been fighting changing my life style, i still feel like i am fighting it. i want to go out and work (work aholic) plus work at my home business. i am trying so hard to take care. And take care of me, but i have to sacrafice my old way of life. love jean ann (((((((HUGS))))))))))
  3. TiredbutWired

TiredbutWired New Member

I feel like it is chasing me but I am too tired and wore out to run anymore.I never realized just how precious my old life was intil it was gone!Acceptance and change is hard to swallow and I find myself kicking and screaming every step of the way.There are wonderful people here to help you adjust.I hope you feel better soon.Love,Tracey
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Yes, I understand exactly what you are saying. I simply fought this Fibro for many years, but guess what? It was not untill I faced it and changed my lifestyle that I got a grip on it!

I do grieve for how I used to be sometimes, but its something we have to accept or we will be totally miserable along with being in pain.

You won't do it in a year, I have had this for 20 plus years now. Up untill eight years ago, I was still fighting full force! All I managed to do was keep making myself worst.

I have finally settled for the things I can do, and not worry about what I can't do anymore. I replaced a lot of my activities with others that are more reasonable, and less stressful.

I went to the doctors, did the exercise (which like to have killed me), took the prescription meds, which did not really help me, although they do help others.

Now I have a quiet lifestyle(moved to the country), I have hobbies, like my gardening, reading, doll collecting, etc. that I am not straining muscles to do them.

As for as the exercise, the best I can do is walk around my own grounds, I have a fortune in exercise equiptment that I can't use.

I had a huge greenhouse, now I garden in large pots, and have my son do the big stuff and the digging. I still have the pleasure of watching things grow, just not on the scale I did before. I had to give up the greenhouse. Too much lifting, carrying etc.

I raised my three children with this pain and all that went with it, I also keep my grandson untill he was three years old like this.

But now I learn if I want to do things and have some quality of life, I have to pace myself, think of me first, and then do things the easy way, and quit kicking against the pricks!

We all have to get there in our own time, no one will be able to tell you when its time to conform!

I was a bundle of energy, could not stay still for long, but now I spend a lot of time doing simply things, and am always looking for ways to make my life easier.

We just about have the whole house arranged where I can handle things without reaching, streching, stooping and bending! The less stress the longer I last for those things I want to do now.

These were some hard lessons for a person that was always busy and helping others to learn.

I wish you well, and hope it does not take you as long as it took me to face facts!

I am on supplements, herbs, and the only prescription drug I take is Xanax in the evening to calm my 'racing brain' down so that I can relax enough to sleep.

I have the sleeping under control, the pain is way down, but not gone. My sinus are not too bad, my IBS is under control. The only thing I am still fighting is the fatigue, and the morning fog.

It takes a lot of trial and error to get where I am now, and determination too. This board, the members on it, and the Pro Health supplements have played a big part in my now fairly good health.

Shalom, Shirl

5. fibolady

fibolady New Member

as i just finished a book on this, would be interested in you keeping us updated if "revolutionary treatment than can reverse the disease" quote from the book jacket. you might want to check out this web site, i found it very interesting, an investigatory paper on the guaif treatment by mark london.

http://web.mit.edu/london/www/quai.html

this dd is one we all tire of, i too tire of trying so hard, its an ongoing circle. i've been in a big flare so my words today of encouragement are hard to come by, but do know you are not alone and will find a lot of information and support from this board. hope you are feeling better soon.

warm regards, fibolady