CHAT BUDDIES WANTED

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tired_in_indiana, Dec 27, 2006.

1. tired_in_indiana

tired_in_indiana New Member

I'm in really bad need of a message buddy that understands the frustration, pain and general crapiness of Fibro and all that comes with it. It's hard to admit, but I'm not coping very well right now and it's making everything a lot worse than normal. If one things takes a break from hurting, another one starts in and you're off and running in another direction seeking relief for that symptom. I'm tired, chronically so, and some days it seems like more than I can handle. It's the emotional hold it has on me and the brain drain it causes that's the worst. I'm ranting and raving with little direction here, but I think if I had someone, (or 2, or 3, or 4, etc...someones) to chat with on a semi regular basis, it might help me function a little better. And maybe, just maybe, I might be of some help to them. Thanks for listening.

Anita
    [This Message was Edited on 12/28/2006]
  2. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I hate to tell you, but you are not allowed to post your email address here. You can actually be banned from this site for doing so.

Its not that I mind, but please check the board rules - they are strictly watched. Most people go to the chat board. I believe on the chat board you can exchange email addresses - but I am not positive on that.

3. larryh

larryh New Member

Anita,

You should edit your message to remove the email address to follow the rules. You can share your email in the chat rooms and not get in trouble.

larry
  4. tired_in_indiana

Thanks for the information about not including e-mail addresses in the message board posts. I've editted my original post and will remember to not do that again. I'll take your advice and spend some time in chat and get to know some members.

Thanks again, Anita
  5. tired_in_indiana

Thanks for your response, Sassy. I'm normally online late at night between 9:00 and 11:00. I'll let you know for sure when I know the day before...right now we're still in the midst of the holidays. My daughter and son-in-law are to be in town today and/or tomorrow and we're finishing Christmas up with them and my mother-in-law tomorrow night. I'm not sure when they'll be heading home, but I'll for sure be on one night early next week. I'll let you know for sure when.

Thanks again,

Anita
  6. connieaag

connieaag New Member

I'm in Lafayette
  7. Exfa

Exfa New Member

I am in Indiana also.........no support groups here....and I didnt know about the email address thing either....we hoosiers are not "with it" are we? :) Are you anywhere near South Bend? I get on the chat room many times and believe me it really helps. I couldn't make it through the night or day sometimes without talking to others with this terrible illness.
  8. tired_in_indiana

I'm in Columbus, IN which is in the south central part of the state. We're approximately 40 miles south of Indy. I have a daughter and son-in-law who live in the Decatur area which is just south of Fort Wayne. I really appreciate how many members have responded to me either through e-mail, (I found out I wasn't supposed to post the actual address here on the message board), and by response posts here on the message board. I also went in the chat room for a few minutes and met some really nice people there as well.

Fibro is such a difficult health issue to manage because of the wide range in symptoms and chronic fatigue issues. As a relative newcomer to the Fibro members club, I'm still learning how to judge if a new symptom is just a part of this wonderful syndrome or if it's something I should pay closer attention to. I feel like I'm able to do something and then half-way through it, I find my energy just totally sapped and have to many times stop to rest. It's not bad with normal chores around the house, but if you've committed yourself to something like caring for a grand child for 3 days (4 years old) or cook a family dinner for 10...it's kind of hard to stop in the middle and say, "time out", I have to sit down and rest a few hours. We'll eat the next course then...Silly, I know. Anyway, I'd love to have some confidants to listen to my mutterings and in return, I'll offer to listen to theirs. That's the only way I'm ever going to be able to deal with this illness on a long term basis.

Thanks again for all the kind words and welcomes...it means a great deal to know I'm not alone and there are ones out there willing to share.

Anita
  9. tlabsher

tlabsher Member

If you type in tlabsher on a google search engine my e-mail address shows up and you can send a message that way. I would love to hear from you and we could encourage or have a rant which ever we need at that time :)
    Have a great holiday Anita.
    Teresa Absher in Anderson,Indiana
  10. HoosierTim

HoosierTim New Member

Hi Anita,

I found you by accident. I'm in Seymour.. I hope to chat sometime. I'm a guy that has been DX'd since 1999.

God bless
    Tim
  11. tired_in_indiana

Thanks for your response. I've been truly blessed by all the replies to my urgent request. It's been mostly from others in Indiana and as there isn't any physical support groups here, it's nice to know we've got several online options available to us.

Hope to chat with you again soon.

Thanks, Anita
  12. suzyQ44

suzyQ44 New Member

Hi, I was going thourgh some of the older post and came across your post. I am just 4 miles north of Columbus. In alittle town called Clifford. You are right there are no support groups here and that is such a shame. I have FM and it really has been hard to deal with this. The Dr's here are not much help either. Well i hope to chat with sometime,Take Care, Suzyq44
  13. tired_in_indiana

I am so glad to hear from someone so close. It's amazing how many people are effected by this illness and I'm sure we're probably just 2 of several in our area. The ailment acts different in everyone and it's a real bear to pin down the diagnosis and or best treatment when it has so many different variables. I'm very blessed in the respect that my children are grown and because, my husband is able to provide for both of us, I'm not in a position to have to work. The struggle I have with major fatigue and sleeplessness are big issues for me, along with a lot of other intermittent stuff. I'd love to have someone to talk to sometimes...it gets a little lonely at times. Do you have a certain time you're on-line or maybe we could swap phone numbers. Thanks again for posting your response.

Anita
  14. suzyQ44

suzyQ44 New Member

HI
    Anita

was glad to see you posted. I know what you mean about the lonely part. My kid's are grown and married I do have lovely grandaughters that brighten my day's. My husband is just great and support's me all the way but I try not to let him know all the time just how bad I am feeling because I know it hurt's him and there is nothing he can do plus I feel like I am holding him back from enjoying his life (he say's no ) but it still bothers me . I don't know how to get you my e-mail address I don't think that is allowed here on the post. I have only been here on this site since January. I don't know if I can on the chit-chat board either, but we might be able to on the live chat. If we could set a day and time that would be great. Hope to hear from you . Take care , Suzyq44
  15. tired_in_indiana

Thanks for your response. It feels really good to know there's someone so close that understands and knows what it's like. I think picking a day and time for trying the live chat sounds like a good idea. Is there a day that's typically better for you than others? Normally, my schedule is pretty flexible unless I get called to work. (I only work a day here and there for Kelly Services.) My computer usage will probably be limited this coming week, due to the fact I'm scheduled for a nerve block and epidural for a pinched nerve in my neck on Monday. I had the first one about a month ago without much success. The instructions were to rest the first 24 hours and then resume regular activities. Even though I did just that, I was in considerable pain for over a week. I think it may have just irritated it, but we're going to try once more, (trying to keep from having surgery). This time I'm planning on laying low for several days with only minimal use of my arm.

It's great that your husband is so understanding and supportive. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have my hubby. We'll been married 32 years this summer and I think I'll keep him. I totally understand what you mean about feeling like a burden and not wanting to own up to the pain all the time. My husband says that as tired and weary as he gets sometimes, (who wouldn't), that knowing is always better than not knowing and being surprised if and when it gets worse.

Anyway, I'll quit babbling and say that I'll try and be on-line tomorrow about 1P and 4P. If we don't connect then, let's try next Wednesday at 7P. Let me know if those times work or not. Like I said before, I can be pretty flexible.

Hope to talk to you soon,

Anita
  16. suzyQ44

suzyQ44 New Member

Hi, Anita
    So SORRY I have'nt been on in awhile . At first I was having a bad time feeling pretty rough for several day's & then my computer went belly up, well not the computer but my DSL modem box well they don't replace them when they go out so that cost me $75.00 :eek:( . I hope you have been doing good with this cold cold weather it has put the hurt's on me. Have been having alot of headaches that in it's self will make you feel just awlful. I will go over to the live chat at 8:00 pm Sunday night Feb 18th to see if you are there if not I know you did'nt get this or something came up. Hope thing's are going good for you. Hope to talk later , Janet
  17. suzyQ44

suzyQ44 New Member

18. tired_in_indiana

It's good to hear from you. I'll be looking forward to talking with you at 8P.

Anita