cheap massage/accupuncture

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shannonsparkles, Sep 29, 2005.

1. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

In Calgary there is a college for accupuncture and a collage of massage. You can ask for a second-year student who has experience with CFS/FM - only $15 an hour! Not the same skill level as a seasoned pro I suppose, but for those of us with little $, pretty good. Is there something like this in your area?
    tc
  2. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

I used to live near a massage school and it was great!
  3. lisadot

lisadot New Member

Yes, I agree! Look up massage schools in the phone book. I did that just this afternoon, and I am so happy I did. I paid only $28 (plus a tip) for 50 minutes. Of course, she knew nothing about fibro, so I had to teach her a bit, but she really cared, and was careful. In California, that's a third of what it would have cost me elsewhere.

lisadot
  4. browneyes259

browneyes259 New Member

once upon a time I could afford semi-regular massage visits, but not anymore. I'm going to check my phone book now. Thanks for sharing!

Jen
  5. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Last year the Massage program at Centennial College had their Monday evening clinics free to Fibro patients! Not sure yet about this year but it's worth a call! There are also lots of other massage schools around who give cheaper treatments. I don't know what the acupuncture schools offer but here are several in TO.

Kathy.