Check out my fave balloon

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jens2angels, Jun 29, 2007.

1. jens2angels

jens2angels New Member

I took this picture at the balloon show tonight. I'm a big Michigan Fan so I always chase the U of M balloon. They gave a card, like a football card, that was cool.

I took some pics of it landing and I thought this one turned out really neat! I did it a couple other ways but this one was the best.

My daughter about jumped out her skin she was so excited the balloons are in town.

My son is not so fond of the Blue Angels though. They fly really low, lower then the Thunderbirds do I think. They are pretty loud, but I gotta admit, I love the sound of the engines. They are so powerful.

It's really sad the Hot Air Balloon Championships aren't as big of a deal here as they used to be. When they lost it to New Mexico it just hasn't been the same since. It's expensive to get in and they only have about half the balloons and not nearly as much to do there.

Went to IN and got some real fireworks. Something the state of MI doesn't let us have. Brayden is so good, mainly because he's scared of them. We'll let it off in the road and he just runs and sits down on the railroad tie in front of the house and cracks up.

Well, my poor shoulder is bugging me again so I can't type much more.

Hope you like the picture! I'm sure my sister and the Michigan residents will!
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

balloon, Jens. Are you holding it on a string?

3. jens2angels

jens2angels New Member

Those suckers are HUGE! lol
  4. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Great picture!

Sorry we took your Hot Air Balloon Championships away (I live in Albuquerque). Every year, I take pictures of hot air balloons that sail over our house from the Fiesta.

Haven't seen a Michigan balloon before! My uncle, aunt, and cousin attended the University of Michigan, and would love this balloon.

About eight years ago, after crewing for a friend all weekend, I got to ride in one over rock formations in the Valley of the Gods, in southern Utah. It was one of the rides of my life.
  5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

zee beeg brave man, Ken. I'd be afraid I'd fall out.

6. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

that would make happier than anything....but i don't think that will happen he has no interest in playing in college at any level..who knows maybe we can chang his mind...

stuck out here w/no 4ht of july plans...i just started my monthly thing...thank god...finally...was beginning to think i was hitting menopause or pregnant...i thought i cant be...and if i were it would be erik's secret...

wished i was there to see them flying...

well got to go

7. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Thanks for sharing the cool pic! You took a great picture. I am also a big football fan (Go Chargers!) and I live in Temecula Wine country where hot air balloons fly on almost a daily basis. I can see them from my house or when I am driving my kids to school in the morning. They are so much fun to watch and my kids really enjoy them also. Have a great night! Kim :)