Check out my Pic: I caught a turkey for Thanksgiving (JOKE!)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by zenouchy, Nov 15, 2006.

1. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Hi All,

Now, I'm thinkin' why buy a turkey when you can fetch your own?

Can you believe I found this turkey roaming around the parking lot of my former apartment complex a few years ago? I live in the Austin, TX area, so this was highly unusual!

Hope it gave y'all a little laugh just in time for Thanksgiving!

P.S. For anyone concerned: No worries! I am truly joking. I never actually caught the turkey and wouldn't have the first inkling as how to do that! I just found him years ago and took some pics of him. He's kinda cute though, eh?

All the best, Erika :)

[This Message was Edited on 11/16/2006]
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

What a beautiful turkey. I read that Benjamin Franklin thought the turkey would be better symbol for our country than the eagle.

Many years ago I was driving thu rural Minnesota when I saw several armadillos along side the road. I was so amazed I turned around and went back.

Turned out the strange creatures were white turkeys that had gotten out of the pen.

Kinda like people who see a weather balloon and think it's a space ship.

How come we never hear of anybody seeing a UFO and thinking it's a weather balloon?
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

What DID you do with that turkey????

Inquiring but cringing minds wanna know....

4. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Rest assured my friends, the turkey was UNHARMED!! I do not know the first thing about turkey hunting, nor the hygiene of cleaning it. I leave that up to the experts!! It's all a huge joke!

All I did was see the turkey, which was a HUGE SHOCK (!) and run grab my camera and snap some pics.

All the best, Erika

5. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Thank you for your enjoyable post. You are always keep me entertained. Glad you enjoyed my turkey pic. Armadillos are actually more common in Texas, although I've never seen any here. But white turkeys, eh? How gorgeous!!

And indeed, turkeys would be a nice symbol for our country, but perhaps the eagle seemed more regal (hey, a rhyme!).

We used to have lots of weather balloons I grew up (outside Oklahoma City), and no one ever knew what they were until someone finally explained it to us. There was a lot of speculation, but I don't think anyone ever though they were UFOs.

They used to show lots of crop circles on TV and people would think it was the work of UFOs/aliens. I wonder what happened to those? I'm not a big believer of UFOs myself, but I know some folks are, although if I see one, I guess I'll believe it more, eh? Take care! :)

6. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

they are really cute when they are first born.

then they grow up. then they want to go order some wild turkey from the bartender.

7. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Wild turkeys, eh? That's so cool! I just love all kinds of animals. I bet the turkeys are adorable when they're babies.

And I LOVE your joke. Some wild turkey for the wild turkeys! Very cute and clever. You should take some pics of them and post it for us to see!

Warmly, Erika