Checking In.....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hermitlady, Apr 14, 2012.

1. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

I haven't posted here in ages, but still come by to read posts. My FM/CFS/Depr just won't let up, progressively worsening w fewer "good days". I can't remember the last time that I had more than a day or two of less pain/more energy.

I'm kind of in a panic state end in sight is a scary thing. Over the past yr, I've worked w my wonderful dr and tried several different meds, supps, etc. None of the meds were tolerable, different ADs (Cymbalta and a couple of others), did a short trial of Abilify, Lyrica, and a couple of other things I can't remember right now. They all made me feel worse rather than better.

Times are tough, finances iffy, husb quit his job and is starting his own business, can't afford med ins, the list goes on. I just need a break, I need help, I want my life back!

Thx for "listening"....somehow I have to hang in there until I find something that helps me. I'm so tired and discouraged. I can't seem to find anything positive to hold onto or look fwd to!

Hope someone out there has been getting some positive results!

xoxo Hermit
    [This Message was Edited on 04/14/2012]
  2. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

There are always times where I just get so fed up. I'm willing to try different treatments and have tried many, but I'm just so sensitive to meds (like many others here).

I have dealt w depression since I was a child and it really can get bad when the other dds flare up. I just can't seem to ever help myself for long, I haven't found the secret to reprogramming my depr brain.

Some cognitive type therapy stuff works sometimes, other times I'm just lost in the pit. I am so mad at myself all the time, why can't I make myself do better? (like self motivating, stopping the neg thoughts, on and on). I tend to focus on how physically lousy I feel, it's hard to distract myself from it.

I've been in such an ugly rut for way too many yrs, just stuck! Today was another weak, achey, sad day...I'm going to try to go to bed early and get some extra sleep...if I can go to sleep early!

Anyway, I'm sorry you're in a bad place too. Not much fun is it? I think it should be somebody else's turn to put up w all of this stuff for a while. I kind of had a pity party in my head all wkend, not good. Tomorrow will be better. It has to be.
    [This Message was Edited on 04/15/2012]
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

So good to see you post but I'm sorry things are so rough for you right now. You are in my prayers.

Love, Mikie
  4. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

A little moral support goes a long way...I appreciate your reply and hope you are doing well. xoxo
  5. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

You are so sweet to keep posting for me. I notice you're here quite a bit. I used to post more, but the board slowed down so much that I usually just lurk.

I'm in sunny So Cal and it's gorgeous today, just came in from sitting outside and soaking up some sun. Feels so good, I just love Springtime.

My mood is a lot better today, so far anyway:) I'm in one of those weak phases and that's difficult to deal w, feel like my legs are so rubbery. I just try and make myself do a little, then rest a lot. That's about all I can do when I get like this.

Where are you? I guess I'll have to check to see if you have a profile filled in...I do, but haven't updated it in awhile.

So again, thanks so much for your support. Let me know how you're doing, maybe we can somehow hold each other up. It really helps having someone who understands our dds.

I have a good friend who also suffers from depression and pain issues from spinal surgery. We talk a lot on the phone, but sometimes if we're both down we're not good for each other! She does truly understand the depression monster tho and has been trying to "coach" me a bit lately.

I need all the support I can get. I just don't have anyone nearby...all friends and family live several hrs away. So, I hope to hear from you again...

xoxo Hermit

OK, I just checked your profile and it's blank!! Just thought I'd let you know in case you weren't aware of this area of this site. If you click on anyones username you can see their profile. :D
    [This Message was Edited on 04/16/2012]