Checking In...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Frackie11382, Apr 21, 2003.

1. Frackie11382

Frackie11382 New Member

Hey Everyone!

Just wanted to check in since I haven't been on the board in a while. I just started a new job and am now working evenings as a waitress. I've been working at this restaurant for about a week now, and I'm surprised at how well I'm doing. Granted, the first couple nights I came home and had to sit in a tub of Epsom salts and have my boyfriend give me a massage, but I'm doing better. I just hope I don't have a delayed reaction and can keep waitressing. I've made almost $200 in tips working only 3 days! Oh, and I'm only working 4 days a week and working evenings and that's when I feel the best. Anyways, I thought I would update. Also, the vag. spasms are back again, but I have an appt with my OBGYN next month, so maybe she can shed some light on it for me.

Friends in Fibro,

~~Tara~~
  2. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

Congratulations, glad you are able to work and hopefully will be able to continue. I work full-time and am glad of the distraction, fortunately it's a desk job so I'm not on my feet.

I have recently had the vag. spasms and in my colon - hopefully someone will comment on these.

bump...
    [This Message was Edited on 04/22/2003]
  3. COOKIEMONSTER

COOKIEMONSTER New Member

Remember that song that Debbie Boone used to sing? You Light Up My Life............

I'm so proud for you Frackie!

This kind of messages gives us all encouragement that there is light at the end of the tunnel. I know that our bodies will have to respond to the "nature of the business beast" known as survival, but it's a good sign and I personally send you grats..........

Hugs
    CookieMonster
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

So nice to hear good news! Good for you, just don't over do it, and be sure you get your rest too.

Take care, and keep us updated on how you are doing.

You must be some goodlooking young lady to get that much in tips :).

Shalom, Shirl
  5. Frackie11382

Frackie11382 New Member

You guys are great! Thank you so much for the congrats and the encouragement. I'm glad that I also can be a little bit of encouragement for you guys. Still working, but had a bad day yesterday (Wed) w/a migraine and muscle spasms in my left shoulder and neck. Oh, well...so goes life with FM. I'm going to be resting a lot today and trying, between my rest periods, to get my laundry done. Might pop back in later and see what's up with everyone on the board.

Friends in Fibro,

~~Tara~~
  6. sare12

sare12 New Member

...to hear ur good new Tara! It gives us all a hope that we can return to a bit of normality.I am a nurse and have cfs...I havent worked fro over 16 months.....so it is so good to hear u r doing well.Look after urself...rest lots...love Sare.xxxx