Chelation - Iodine - Lyme / Mercury Connection

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Waynesrhythm, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Waynesrhythm

Waynesrhythm Member

Hi All,

I ran across the following testimonial and was intrigued by several of the concepts presented in just a few short sentences. I would be curious if anybody else has any information / insights about some of these comments.

Regards, Wayne

TESTIMONIAL: Chelation - Iodine - Lyme/Mercury Connection

Chelation without large doses of iodine is useless. I was one of those that spent thousands on all available chelation products. Only once I introduced iodine in sufficient amounts did it shake out the mercury/lead.

I also have lyme, the lyme parasite holds mercury and killing lyme is a constant cycle of killing lyme then cleaning up the mercury.

This means that for all those years that I had DMPS challenge tests and hair analysis for mercury they always returned negative since the lyme held the mercury.

Unfortunately this goes beyond the simplicity of what most consider adequate mercury level testing...
    [This Message was Edited on 08/24/2008]
  2. AndrewB

AndrewB New Member

when I started iodine in November. I cut down my chlorella consumption by AT LEAST half and the iodine does a much better job as well. It's also cheaper than chlorella!
  3. deliarose

deliarose New Member

can u give a link to the site where u found the testimonial?
  4. clerty

clerty New Member

sounds intereting I would def give it a go for heavy metals

5. AndrewB

AndrewB New Member

Hi AH,

Yes, I had detox from iodine - it('s) killed/killing some kind of nasty parasite/bacteria/virus that I have. I had a horrible fever that started on new years even this year that lasted about a week. I felt MUCH better after getting sick (compared to when before I came down with the fever}.

But to actually PULL the metals out of the precious soft tissues and bones (and the viruses, parasites and bacteria that lay underneath them) into the bloodstream, I had to take something else.

I take/took Vit-Min 75+ (iron-free) multi-vitamin and Amino Complete capsules. Both are by NOW Foods. I basically follow the Dr. Vickery program, but I don't use his products. I have found better and MUCH cheaper alternatives.

Also eat Brazil nuts (preferred) or take selenium (selenomethionine) to "utilize" your iodine better,

<a href=""></a>

Good luck
  6. Krista47

Krista47 New Member

Could you tell me how you get your iodine? I wasn't sure if it was in your multiple vitamin or if you just added some to water.

7. AndrewB

AndrewB New Member

Hey Krista,

But my MAIN source is the kelp from Detoxified Iodine. <a href="">CLICK HERE</a> if you are interested about it. I take one drop in an ounce of water every morning.

I also recommend taking Vit-Min 75+ (iron-free) and Amino Complete by NOW Foods to "stir up" the bugs in your body to let the iodine go to work on them better. This is based on Dr. Vickery's program.

<a href=""></a>

Good luck
  8. Waynesrhythm

Waynesrhythm Member

Hi All,

Deliarose, to get to the place where I found the above testimonial, insert the following, including the quotation marks at the beginning and the end in the google search box.

"spent thousands on all available chelation"

You will get only one hit, which will take you to the main forum. You will immediately see a search box in the center of the screen from which you can search the forum. Again, enter

"spent thousands on all available chelation"

There will be only one search result that will show up. The username of this person is Newport. By clicking on his name, you can see all the posts he has made, several thousand in all if I remember correctly. He seems to know a lot about a lot.

Hi AndrewB, was wondering if you've found the iodine to be helpful in "releasing" toxicities in the body, or more to be able to "detoxify" the toxicities? Or would it be both? Thanks for your contributions you've been making on this whole iodine issue. Is very helpful.

Anchorholds, that's interesting about some perspectives out there that people can't make meaningful headway treating Lyme unless they address the mercury issue. I've read some Lyme detoxification stories, using either conventional antibiotics or alternative therapies. Some of them sound truly frightening. Makes me wonder if they're dealing with mercury poisoning more than the Lyme bacterial dieoff.

Regards, Wayne
  9. Krista47

Krista47 New Member

I shall order ASAP.

Take care
  10. AndrewB

AndrewB New Member

In my case, I would say that iodine helps the toxins "exit" my body better. I don't know if it actually PULLS the metals out of the soft tissues, bones etc... and into the bloodstream. It might.

But to actually get metals OUT of soft tissues and into the bloodstream, I use the method described in my second post in this thread.

11. victoria

victoria New Member

I turned up very high on mercury, and successfully chelated with the DMSA. The urine challenge test was the only thing that showed it tho, not hair tests.

Altho true, I don't know for a fact i have lyme itself as I've not been tested (as I think it'd come out neg. and don't want to spend the $ on myself), but I do think it's very likely I have 1 or more other stealth pathogens transmitted by ticks as I have herxed on the Marshall Protocol.

I wonder if any doctors feel that holds true for other heavy metals? My son recently turned up high on a bunch, some very scary like lead, but we'd never had him tested before finding out he does have lyme, so don't have a comparison to make.

all the best,

[This Message was Edited on 08/25/2008]
  12. AndrewB

AndrewB New Member

Forgot to mention that - very important.

Good luck
  13. EricaCFIDS

EricaCFIDS New Member

I have lyme but showed normal levels on my metal toxicity testing. However, I recently had an iodine test (urine) and was found to be extremely low. I now plan to take Iodoral.

I thought it was due to Hashimoto's and would be useful in helping me to absorb T3 better..... Might my low iodine levels mean that I truly may have metal toxicity and it just isn't showing due to my low iodine? I'm a little confused. I've never chelated because I show normal.

It's a very interesting concept. Thanks for sharing! It's always best to know how to maximize the effects of any treatment. I didn't realize you had lyme either.

Good luck!

All the best,