Chelation update: Round 13 w/ DMSA

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AllWXRider, Mar 19, 2007.

1. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

I'm in the middle of my 13th round of chelation using DMSA. I had bumped up my dosage to 25mg/4 hours. Chelation normally is a bad experience, as my brain fog and fatigue symptoms get real bad...but this time is different! I feel OK and I can tolerate this quite well.

Also, I was reading another thread about feeling freezing cold, so I rechecked my body temp this morning: 98.4°F. Wow, it normally was running 95.7 ~ 97°F. My D.O. told me that the body's enzymes work the best at 98.6°F.

I had a job interview last week and am awaiting any news...I still have to nap each day, but I could handle working again.

Chelation has certainly been the answer for me. Our bodies breathe minerals, so chelation may have to go on for a lot longer but I'm not complaining. Dr. Andrew Cutler says to chelate based on your symptoms, if you start feeling bad again, restart chelation.
  2. swedeboy

swedeboy Member

Thanks for the update! Glad to hear that you may be returning to work again. I hope the chelation keeps pushing you forward.

Have you had a chance to check out the progress on the methylation protocol yet? I wonder what Andy Cutler thinks about it? From my understanding they have one thing in commom, and that is to help get the toxic sludge out of our body so it can work properly again.

Smiles, Sean
  3. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

I haven't had a change to study methylation. I've been studying chelation and now glyconutrients. My mom has FM and bought me a bottle of glyco.

I know that SAMe helps with methlylation. I did try a bottle many years ago and it did help but the price was so high that I tried a nutritional supplement that helped the body make SAMe...the product didn't help at all. I can't afford SAMe.

glyconutrients are suppose to help with chelation too. The most important sugar to me is Fucose. Seaweeds like kelp & wakame and brewer's yeast are high in it. Fucose helps the body kill of herpes viruses like EBV and CMV.

For sludge, I did have a colonic done. Lots of sludge came out. I did feel refreshed.

I suppose to find out tomorrow about the interview. Praying for a job, fingers & toes are crossed too.
  4. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

Good for you! I do hope you get that job.

Thank you for stressing the importance of heavy metal toxicity in these diseases. You made me become more aware, and then I noticed the CFS researches were talking about it, too.

I probably won't go the pharmarceutical RX detox, but I will try the natural route. It takes longer, but has less risk.

Good luck!

CherylSue
  5. swedeboy

swedeboy Member

Cool! keep us updated on your progress with the glyconutrients.