chemical sensitivity cycles

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Donna39, Jul 17, 2003.

1. Donna39

Donna39 New Member

I had a total hysterectomy last year which made everything that much more worst for me.But sometimes I still feel like I am going through the monthly PMS.I have noticed that some things only bother me at certain times.Like medication.I can take the same thing for 2 weeks with no problem.Then all of the sudden I am having a reaction when taking it.It happens almost in a cycle.Then after about a week,I'll be okay again.It feels just like the pms I use to go through.Does anyone have this happen?
    xoxoxox
    Donna
  2. tansy

tansy New Member

who insists no matter what he does his symptoms cycle on a three week basis. He does eat more carbos than most of us and insists he needs them, so that may be contributing. He works part time and finds his energy runs out unless he tops up his carbs. He's resistant to diet changes even though his weight keeps going up, he's tried things in the past that haven't worked so reluctant to take any chances now which is a shame.

I react to things, but the level of my reactions are not cyclic. Are you on hrt? My periods have recently ceased but before that I found one part my menstrual cycle paricularly affected my symptoms.

Cheers

Tansy
    [This Message was Edited on 07/17/2003]
  3. elaine_p

elaine_p New Member

but I have no idea why. I haven't noticed that the cycle is regular either. Maybe I spent the time I could figure it out.
  4. normabea

normabea New Member

Hi, I have severe reactions to certain things in fact I'm just getting back up from being down for almost a week. I was visiting my sister and her dryer leaks lint of which set me off then it was like dominos. The traffic was bad on the 2 hour trip home exaust fumes really make me sick.I came home slept in my grandsons bed found out there was mold in that room which is another really bad one for me,I cleaned it with colorox which usually doesen't bother me but it did this time. It is like having the flu except for the fever. I've been doing this for almost 30 years! I got so depressed I just wanted to die. My mind won't function when I'm having bad reactions. Does any one else have that problem? After all these years I never thought about cycles, only that some times I am more sensitive than others.
  5. GeneticDefect

GeneticDefect New Member

I've met someone via web that has difficulty with MCS and/or environmental illness. You may want to research this a bit.

My friend is very miserable.
  6. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

Definitely makes my CFS/FM worse....every month, I can count on it..more sensitive to environment, fatiguuued... extremely worse and of course, my mental/emotional factors are much worse...

Can't wait for the excitement of perimenopause-menopause...

Plantscaper
  7. Donna39

Donna39 New Member

I am on HRT.The pills did nothing for me so I had to switch to the patch.I definitely crave carbo and sweets.I never use to even like sweets until about a year ago.The most recent symptom that is creeping up on me is the brain fog.I am forgetting so much lately.Sometimes I just feel like I am disoriented,confused and can't remember what I was fixing to say.This really bothers me. I have always been a very organized and a perfectionist person.If things are not done in a certain way,I start stressing out.And we all know what this causes.I have got alot to talk about and anyone can e-mail me so I don't keep taking up the whole board.I have a couple of errands to run today,but I will be back this afternoon.cbloom8314@aol.com. I would like to talk more about my symptoms,my pain is not the only one I struggle with.I am so glad I have found someone to talk too.
    Praying everyday for a miracle.
    Donna
  8. kgg

kgg New Member

In the course of my researching and forums boards, I found that it wasn't unusual for allergies and sensitivities to cycle monthly and seasonally. Can't insult one system of the body without it affecting another. Hope you are able to get on a good hormone treatment. Might find things settle for you if you do. -Karen
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I've had friends who had hysterectomies and still got PMS symptoms every month after. I had this for a while even after menopause.

Also, when we have sensitivities, if we get exposed to one chemical, it can make us more sensitive to others as well. Airborn allergies like pollen can also make us more sensitive to other allergens.

Love, Mikie
  10. Donna39

Donna39 New Member

Just wanted to say that my ovaries were taken out,I have nothing-basically. That is what is so puzzling to me. Maybe it takes a while for your body to quit mimmicing the cycle that you once had. I just know that it seems like I am still having the same problems that I had before the surgery.Hope the doctor didn't forget a couple things.ooops
    Donna