chemically sensitive people, what do you use to clean?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Shannonsparkles, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

TOILETS in particular!

Thanks (( ))
  2. jeduanboneis

jeduanboneis New Member

Lately I have tried to use cider vinegar to clean the shower stall. I have also used baking soda on occasion to clean the stove.

These types of things work for me but require more "elbow grease" and time.

Also you can use salt to clean with as well. I know that there are more natural ingredients to use but I would have to look them up.

Chlorox really makes me sick as much as I like the after effect of cleaning with that product. When I use the natural remedies I at least feel better knowing that I am not polluting anyone or anything.

God Bless You,
    Jeanne
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

We use baking soda and white vinegar to clean almost everything. We use Ecover laundry soap and cleaners for a few other things.

Strangely, I have found that Murphy's Oil Soap diluted to clean the wood floors seems not to bother me.

I saw a program about white vinegar being as effective as bleach for killing germs.

DONT put the mixture in the microwave as I was advised to, as it ruins it.

My friend sells essential oils and uses Thieves for most things.

Love Annie Cromwell
  4. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

Do you have to let it soak for awhile?

Thanks!
  5. sues1

sues1 New Member

See my posting on this subject, it is called:
    ========
    Alternative cleaning products even homemade ones 12/01/06 I had quite a few replies.
    ==================
    Good Luck...........Susan
  6. teacher

teacher New Member

It's a multi-purpose cleaner that smells like oranges.

It can be diluted into a spray bottle and used for everything. I even mop with it. Just spray and wipe.

For toilets, just pour in a small amount undiuletd and scrub. Smells wonderful.
  7. buffyr

buffyr New Member

These are all I use in my house. I have never gottwn sick from any of them. Not sure where you are from? Our Super Target and health food stores carry them. A LOT cheaper at Super Target, but worth it not to get that sick/nauseos headache thing. Best of luck!!!-Buffy