Chemo!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Wardrobe, Nov 2, 2005.

1. Wardrobe

Wardrobe New Member

Hi haven't been here for a while, long story. Anyway, I was reading this article

http://www.drc.org.uk/newsroom/newsdetails.asp?id=243&section=2

and was shocked to read this sentecne:

Shirley was diagnosed with a rare disease of the immune system and a painful condition called Fibromyalgia. After finding out about her diagnosis she was told, while undergoing chemotherapy, that she would have to resign because she could no longer do the job.

WHILE UNDERGOING CHEMOTHERAPY!!!

I have NEVER heard of anybody having chemo for fibro?!
    Surely she must've had it for something else?

2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

She must have had cancer, also, and as an aside, she was told she had FM and because of her physical limits couldn't continue to do her job...whatever that was.

A weird way to write it all, though, isn't it?

Sue
  3. urge2soar

urge2soar New Member

undergoing a type of chemo for R.A. (Rheumatoid Arthritis). It helps some people. It is not for fibro.

Peace*Health*Happiness*

soaring
  4. june-bug

june-bug New Member

I cant see a doc prescribing chemo for FMS when you cant even get a run of the mill pain pill without a fight. I did hear of a lady who had Lyme disease for years and tried to treat it with abx and everything under the sun to no avail. She ended up with breast cancer and after her chemo she doesnt have lyme anymore. June Bug
  5. tngirl

tngirl New Member

I do know some MS patients who undergo a type of chemo, never heard of it for fibro though.
  6. lurkernomore

lurkernomore New Member

I have a dear friend who was in a coma for a couple of months, due to organ failure because of Lupus. She has since made a fairly good recovery, has been rehabed and walks, talks and one would never know she was so very close to death. The drug which has put her Lupus into remission is Cytoxan, which is listed in my drug book as an antineoplastic, and is also used quite frequently in treatment of severe degenerative rheumatoid arthritis.