Cheney Patients: What Brand Inosine?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Elisa, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Elisa

Elisa Member

Hi all,

I was a patient of Dr Cheney's in the past and I subscribe to his website. And I noted that he recommends Vit D3 and inosine for flu protection and for use if one gets either flu...

What brand inosine does he use? And while I'm collecting info - what brand Vit D3?

Thanks for your help!

God Bless,
  2. wendyo

wendyo New Member

don't you know those patients are all in a secret club sworn to secrecy :)

I think as long as its a good brand and try to avoid gluten in the product if sensitive, some forms have that
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

a pt (of Cheney's:) told me that Source Naturals is a good brand, and that it reportedly:

"Insosine is a nucleoside (a building block for DNA and RNA) found in muscle tissue. Inosine is used by athletes and those who want to improve performance"

Inosine contains no yeast, dairy, egg, gluten, soy, wheat, sugar, starch, salt, preservatives, or artificial color, flavor, or fragrance."
  4. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

I've been using Walgreen's Vit D3 gel caps 1000 IU

May not be the best on the market but its helping my level to increase and they frequently are on sale

I take about 5000 a day--a little more if I feel like I'm coming down with something
  5. hubcap_halo

hubcap_halo New Member

Source Naturals Inosine is what I use. A friend recommended it to me to use in conjunction with gamma globulin shots. I don't know exactly how, but I feel it helps.

I've heard Dr. Cheney and others talk about Vitamin D toxicity being common.
    One doctor checked my D levels and they were very low. She put me on 4000 IU 2x a day.
    I had another doctor say she hadn't checked the "active level of D" so another lab was done. I'm in the low side of normal. I take now brand vitamin D, but only once a day.

6. Elisa

Elisa Member

Thanks so much for all your help!

Good ideas and info...

7. Spinetti

Spinetti New Member

It comes as 500mg tablets.

I'm into my second month now following Dr. Cheney's schedule. Taking 6 per day M-F, followed by 2 per day M-F.

I believe this schedule can be found in the library here at PH, or at Phoenix Rising's library.

I take all the pills at once in the morning. So far I've experienced no ill effects, or noticeable benefits.

I have no special medical knowledge. Only what I've read from Dr. Cheney.

I have no access to a doctor that specifically treats ME/CFS -- only general fatigue.

This is everything I know so far.

Best wishes,