Cherries for pain ? /doctor stoped my meds for stomach pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by carebelle, Sep 5, 2006.

1. carebelle

carebelle New Member

OK I was in terrible pain last night in my stomach again .I no longer have percocet left from being in the hospital. I called my Doctor this morning and he said he will not give me another perscription .If I get bad enought for pain meds to go to the emergency room.

So I will do that. I am concerned I will be treated like I am only there for pain meds. Like many people here have been treated.I would like to get to the bottom of why I have pain to start with.

Anyhow I remembered reading about cherries helping pain so I thought I would ask here again if this has helped anyone?
    I ate a few last night before bed and this morning I seem to have less pain but that could just be a fluke .

all I have is cherry pie filling so I washed off all the surup and sugar and let them drain and ate them.

I would also like to hear from who ever has tried this

2. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

Tart Cherries are loaded with nutrients and antioxidants and have been widely used to help with pain in fibro patients.

Walmart carries the Brownwood Acres concentrate in the produce section. I think it costs around $10.00 a bottle.

You can also go to thier website Brownwood acres and there will be a link about cherries.

carolin
  3. FMsolider

FMsolider New Member

I have had some luck with cheeries. They need to be Black Cherries and frozen. Thaw about 7-9 out in the morning and then eat them when ready. It takes a few weeks to feel results. Do not expect too much - this will not take the place of a pain med. I would say it helped me oh about 5 or 6%. If you do go to the ER - just be prepared for the worst! Chances are they will give you something for the pain. Good luck!!!
  4. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

if your pain is in your gut , maybe you need to see a gastro doctor . You might have an H pylori infection ( ulcer) or excess acid or some other problem that needs to be corrected .

I had a hurting stomach and finally got better with prevacid and prilosec . Mine was probably a reaction to stress .

You can buy prilosec over the counter at Wal Mart . If you try it , give it some time to work as it is not an instant fix .

I hope you get better soon!!!
  5. matthewson

matthewson New Member

Your Dr should be doing a work-up on this! Has he done an upper GI? He needs to work this up and at least figure out what is causing your pain!

Could it possibly be acid reflux? If my stomach acts up I sometimes try baking soda in water and drink it. It neutralizes the acid better than tums or rolaids for me anyway.

Your Dr. needs to get to the bottom of this!

Take care, Sally
  6. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I remember she was eating cherries....
  7. carebelle

carebelle New Member

acid reflux yes I do have this and Im on meds for that .I have an appointment next week
  8. mindbender

mindbender New Member

get a perscription of NEXIUM it for a time was my life saver. now i hardly have to take it at all but i have refills if i need them. I love all of you.
  9. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I'm going to try it I think .Thank all of you for your comits.
    Prickles read my post OT today . I guess this board has help me to talk about all kinds of things hopefully getting things out of my mind and thoughts will help my stomach