Chest, jaw pain questions

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dhcpolwnk, Jul 31, 2008.

1. dhcpolwnk

dhcpolwnk New Member

I have been experiencing recurrent pain in my middle chest and back that's a little hard to describe. I guess you could say it feels kinda like cramps in my chest. The pain is kind of wrenching, and it doesn't seem to be related to my breathing or to my exertion level.

I have a whole lot of chronic health problems in addition to fibromyalgia; so I guess the pain could be from any of them (or any combination). But the residue from the acute pain leaves me achy all over for awhile, and that sounded a little like fibro. So I thought I'd ask whether this kind of pain sounds familiar to anybody else.

By the way, my other health issues include multiple sclerosis, diabetes, chronic kidney disease and bronchiectasis (in addition to GERD and TMJ dysfunction).

Thanks in advance for any insights you might be able to offer.

--Laura R.M.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/31/2008]
  2. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

I have FM and over the years I've had chest pains and only recently found out that I have Costochondritis ~ google it and see if this sounds like what you have. It is symptom of FM.

Gentle hugs, Susan
  3. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

I would get this checked tho.

Love Bunchy x
  4. k5334

k5334 New Member

I have problems with chest pain. I also have ventricular tachacardia (heart can go too fast). My cardiologist did say that one can have terrible chest pain and jaw pain with coronary spasms. They feel like a heart attack but no damage is done to the heart. However, they can turn into heart attacks. It's hard for me to know what is FM and what is heart, especially when you have multiple problems. I figured you could google "coronary spasm" and see if that feels like what you have.
  5. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

I had a new type of chest pain last night just as I was trying to relax and go to sleep.

It was in the middle of my chest and it felt like a piercing pain ~ like some of my headaches. I had never had that feeling in my chest it has always been an achyness feeling.

It finally went away after what seemed like a long time ~ 15 minutes maybe and I was finally able to relax and it hasn't happened today at all.