chest muscle twitching...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by meeee74, Jan 9, 2007.

1. meeee74

meeee74 New Member

OMG! This muscle twitching is the pits! I get it all over... but when it's in my chest I hate it more! I can't tell if it's the muscle or my heart skipping... And when I go to touch the area and wait for the next one it won't happen. Sometimes I catch it and since it's in the same area sometimes can't tell which one it is. Anyone else have this issue???

Erica *grrrrrr*
  2. charlenef

charlenef New Member

you might want to go to pain managment dr for a dx of cmp i have fibro and cmp they go together alot also i wrote to you about the trigger point therapy workbook it cost 20.00 and it is well worth the money good luck to you carlene
  3. meeee74

meeee74 New Member

Muscle twitching is cmp as well??? I have looked into cmp and I will talk with my rheumy about it at my 2 weeks from now appt. I will see if I can find that book... Thanks!

Erica
  4. charlenef

charlenef New Member

i have muscle twitches everywhere one thing that most cmp suffers have is poor posture and tight neck and shoulders i dont think a rheumy will dx you though charlene
  5. mxmom419

mxmom419 New Member

Lately I've been having what I thought was muscle spasms in my upper thighs, hips, (almost butt) facial twitching, and also real charlie horses in my calves and arches of my feet. Is this related? I thought I would ask my Doc on Friday but, would be nice if you all have any input.
    Thanks
    Stacey
  6. charlenef

charlenef New Member

this is what i found so i really dont know about cfs but i know people can have cmp with cfs also charlene

CFS

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Symptoms

Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) can cause a wide range of baffling symptoms. The primary and definitive one is extreme and debilitating exhaustion for which no other cause can be found.

The symptoms of this syndrome resemble those of flu and other viral infections, so it is often mistaken for other disorders. It is often misdiagnosed as hypochondria, psychosomatic illness, or depression, because routine medical tests do not detect any problems. The syndrome is three times more prevalent in women than in men, and primarily affects young adults between the ages of twenty and forty.

The symptoms of CFS can include:

Recent onset of debilitating fatigue. Fatigue, so severe that activities such as taking a shower or brushing your teeth may be too strenuous; fatigue that is not a result of exertion; it is not relieved by rest or sleep, and is made worse with exercise.

The least physical and mental effort causes exhaustion and weakness.

The body aches with joint and muscle pain. Migrating joint pain without swelling or redness.

Muscle soreness and weakness

Persistent low-grade fever (often in the afternoon).

Sleep disorders (insomnia or oversleeping).

Swollen, tender lymph nodes in the neck and under arms.

The mind and spirit are also affected by the fatigue and weakness.

Recurrent sore throat.

Headaches.

Long-lasting malaise following physical exertion.

Memory loss, forgetfulness

Mental confusion and poor concentration

Digestive problems

Loss of appetite

Intestinal problems

Jaundice

Food and environmental allergies/sensitivities

Recurrent upper respiratory tract infections

Depression

Autoimmune reactions

Dizziness

Mood swings

Anxiety attacks

Night sweats

Rashes

Breathing irregularities

Weight loss

Exercise intolerance

Poor analytical thinking

Spatial disorientation

Hypersensitivity to heat and cold and to light and sound

Irregular heartbeat

Some people also suffer limited memory loss, which is usually temporary, and mental confusion.

The Centers for Disease Control stipulates that a continuance of a number of the above afflictions for six months is a strong indication that CFS is present. As with many chronic illnesses, there are periods of improvement and relapse, and the disease often lasts indefinitely.

Depending on the severity of the symptoms, CFS can make it very difficult to carry on a normal life. As routine tasks become more and more of a challenge, both physically and mentally, your ability to function can be severely curtailed.

Weakness and lack of energy can make just getting out of bed to face the day a major accomplishment.

Next Topic: Diagnosing Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

7. charlenef

charlenef New Member

What is Chronic Myofascial Pain?

Chronic myofascial pain is easier to diagnose than fibromyalgia, because the medical professional can readily see and feel the damage. The myofascia is the membrane that surrounds muscle fibers, every group of muscle fibers, and every muscle. The membranes come together to form tendons and ligaments. (You have seen this membrane yourself, if you have ever prepared to cook chicken and tried to remove the skin. The membrane adheres to the muscle underneath the skin.) In chronic myofascial pain these membranes harden and tighten. Small tears, or micro-lesions, form in the membranes. These tears scar over. The muscle won’t slide against the hardened, tightened, and injured membranes. The muscles are pulled into very strange and painful lumps that can be easily felt under the skin. Imaging scans of the muscles will show muscles that look “frayed.” While a person with fibromyalgia will benefit from mild aerobic exercise, the same exercise for a person with CMP may cause damage and feel terrible. Knees, hips, and shoulders give way, and Achilles tendons tighten painfully. When exercise is attempted, muscles might go immediately into a stage of tetanus, or tight, constant contraction, and then won’t relax. Lumps, and sometimes geloid masses, accumulate and must be massaged out. Massage is extremely painful, and trigger points can stimulate pain elsewhere.

Home Page | Contact Me | Legal | Privacy ©2003 Gale Boyd. All rights reserved.

8. mxmom419

mxmom419 New Member

I will discuss with my doc on friday. Maybe it just has something to do with my changing of diet and supplements.
    Unless......
    Does CMP come on slow like my symptoms?

It doesn't hurt to ask the questions. Right?

9. meeee74

meeee74 New Member

My rheumy is a doc at a Pain mgmt center... Shouldn't he be able to dx cmp?? Is there a ddoc who specializes in pain in particular? I thought that was what a rheumy does?? Internal medicine doc??? There's got to be a name for a pain doc... Any idea what the specialty name is?? Thx so much Charlene for all your help!

Erica
  10. charlenef

charlenef New Member

my symptoms started in childhood although i didnt realize it at the time cmp does come on slowly usually from sitting funny or a back injury i think it has been in my family for a long time with no dx my mom has it but doesnt bother to be dx. i really dont know about the drs my rheumy didnt dx me pain management did but before i seen either the neuroligist put 2 words on a piece of paper and said this is what i think you have cmp and fibro i had never heard of either one. hope this helps charlene