Chest Pain After Surgery

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Leenerbups, Sep 8, 2005.

1. Leenerbups

Leenerbups New Member

Last Wends. the 31st I had the gallbladder out. SInce then my esophagus (sp?) sternum, entire ribcage and lungs have been in pain.
    When I take gulps of water it feel like they get stuck, I am unable to take in a full breath and I can't even have a bra touching my chest.

Has anyone had such complications? I had a chest xray today and was put on antibiotics, but it's unnerving.

Eileen
  2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

after I had my gallbladder out a year ago I had complications.

I still had 'small' attacks every day and I was eventually given an endoscopy, small camera down the throat. It turned out I had an infection, HPylori and I was given antibiotics. I had to wait months for that but things move quicker in the states.

However, I still get belching and painful attacks, trapped wind I dont know and I have to be very careful of what I eat. Many people are fine after a gallbladder op but some like me and possibly you, will always have to be careful of what we eat.

If it keeps happening I would return to your doctor, perhaps you will need an endoscopy to see what's going on.

I found it quite unnerving myself, I had 9 months of very bad gallbladder attacks before they operated and then they told me it was 'an absolute mess'.

I hope those symptoms leave.

love Rosie
    [This Message was Edited on 09/09/2005]
  3. Leenerbups

Leenerbups New Member

I appreciate the replies. Last night I awoke in a complete panic, thinking i was dying.

My gallbladder was a mess too. 150 stones, distended and scarred.

It feels like to me, that my lungs and ribs are inflammed. It's not getting better and I am debating on going to the hospital. :-(
  4. Txslady

Txslady New Member

I know what you are going through. I had my gallbladder out 1-26-05 and still have pain. I did not have stones, just a diseased one. I still have pain in the mid body everday, just in different places. After much research I have found out that GERD is very common after having the gallbladder removed. I never had digestive problems until it was removed, I had never even taken a tums or rolaids in my life. I also developed IBS and anxiety from having the gallbladder removed. I found this board because I was trying to find out why I was hurting so bad. I am currently taking Carafate, Librax and Zegerid. If you don't have a gastro doctor then I highly suggestion you find one because you need it.