Chest pain out of control!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by me-n-fred, May 8, 2003.

1. me-n-fred

me-n-fred New Member

Hi everyone--

I was just wondering, does anyone have any suggestions to relieve chest pain? Mine is absolutely awful--probably one of my worse FMS symptom. It usually feels like someone is squeezing a band around my rib cage, preventing me from taking deep breaths because it hurts so bad. Sometimes there's also a stabbing pain, like I'm being stabbed with a knife, but usually just the uncontrollable squeezing/tightness.

Please help--I have no idea how to ease the pain!

Melea
  2. LTLadyVols

LTLadyVols New Member

A heating pad is the only thing that makes me feel better when that 2 ton elephant is standing on my chest - but mine usually flares when I am driving and my extension cord is just not that long!

Hope you find relief - for me the chest pain has been the scariest and the worst - makes me feel like I am choking sometimes and the dizziness is the pits.

LT
  3. HURTSALOT2

HURTSALOT2 New Member

I had those awful chest pains too. I now take Buspar and I rarely ever get that chest pain anymore. I am so glad because I often thought I was going to have a heart attack. Test after test on my heart proved my heart is fine. Mine was caused by anxiety, unknowingly. Take care.
    HURTSALOT2
  4. layinglow

layinglow New Member

I am assuming you have been seen and had heart conditions ruled out. If not do so immediately.

I have pain in my sternum, over my chest, and around my ribs. It is one of the hardest to deal with, because as you mention, every breath makes it stab even harder.
    I have tried every natural remedy on this..to no avail, the only thing that eases it a bit is opiod pain medication for me.

LL

5. Notonline

Notonline New Member

1. I make sure I take something for the pain before it really kicks in...or I'm doomed.

2. Have you ever been tested for asthma?? My inhaler helps sometimes tremendously...sometimes it's my asthma helping this along in my case...sometimes not.

3. Heating pad is wonderful and makes it feel so much better, but always makes me stiffen up more. I couldn't even walk straight upright when it was at it's worse. I was told it was a type of inflammation, and avoid lifting, use ice, cool baths, etc. etc.

Weird.. but I used to lay on my stomach on top of pillows and it helped somehow, the only way I could actually sleep when it was hurting so bad, somehow laying on my back actually made me feel worse.