CHEST PAIN

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by heavenlyanimals, Oct 4, 2005.

1. heavenlyanimals

heavenlyanimals New Member

I WAS WONDERING WHAT ANYONE COULD TELL ME THEY DO FOR PAIN IN THE MIDDLE OF THE CHEST AT THE TOP OF THE STOMACH.I AM TRYING TO STAY CALM AND TRY TO RELAX HOPING THAT IT WILL NOT GET AS BAD AS IT DID A FEW MONTHS AGO THAT BUT ME IN THE HOSPITAL THINKING I WAS HAVING A HEART ATTACK. HEART WAS FINE SO I KEEP TELLING MYSELF THAT IT IS NOT MY HEART. WOULD APPRECIATE ANY INFO ON THIS. THANKS AGAIN FOR BEING HERE . COLLETTE
  2. Didders

Didders New Member

...with Storm. Deifintely check that out first. However, I learned from my doc and PT that most fibros have this problem. Our chest muscles are especially sensitive (more nerves, tightness?) to myofascial problems and such. There are some exercises a PT can do who works in the myofascial area as well as Myo release massage therapists. If all tests come out negative, check these guys out.

I have it pretty bad and I learned on exercise I can do at home: Pressing my hands semi-hard on the op of my chest and slowly pulling the muscles down. It works better if someone is pulling in the opposite direction at the back of your neck.

Hope y'all get this figured out soon...it's a scary thing! Hugs and love,
    Cinda