Chest Pains and Body Aches After doing Minor Chores???? Anyone else???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Risk, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Risk

Risk New Member

Hi. I seem to be on the boards alot lately, but I feel as if most of you are
    more informed of Fibro/CFS and Dysautonomia than most medical staff.
    I must admit to being mostly sedentary for the last 3 months due to the
    combination of all 3 ailments. However, today I vacuumed, and then scrubbed
    the outside of my refrigerator. Not to mention unpacking some boxes. As soon as
    I was done the refrig, I knew I was in trouble. Horrible chest pains, buring down the
    arms and back and chest and shaking like crazy. I've had every conceivable heart test, but am scared
    to death. I've been to the ER more times than I care to count but I can't deal with
    this burning exhausted feeling.

Does this happen frequently to others? Seems the only way I feel decent is when
    I'm sitting or laying in bed. This is no way to live. Even typing makes my arms and
    hands ache.

I'm just afraid that the one time I don't persue the situation it will be my heart.

Any suggestions or comments would be deeply appreciated!

I forgot to mention that I feel extremely weak afterwards and get a burning in the
    back of my head.

Thank you.

[This Message was Edited on 02/19/2009]
  2. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

Have you had an impedance cardiography? I know you said "every conceivable heart test", but this is one that most Drs never even consider. It is pretty much the only way to show if someone has diastolic cardiomyopathy. That is very common with PWC's; however, it is not something that will lead to a heart attack. Basically what happens is that the heart does not pull enough blood in from the rt side of the body, so there is less blood to pass through the lungs, take in air, and then send it back through the body. Dr. Myhill has written about it, I believe, as have a couple of others. That is one possible cause of chest pain, fatigue, etc. The CFS actually acts as a protective measure for this condition, by making us slow down. So, if you do have this, it's not as alarming as it might sound.

Another possible cause of chest pain is costochondritis (sp?). It is harmless, but painful, and many with Fibro and CFS have it. There are certainly other causes of chest pain that are more serious, and if you are at all worried that it might be one of them, or if it is different from what you have experienced before, it would not be bad to have it checked out. If all the tests you've had are fairly recent, though, and nothing has shown up, I would suspect it's one of the things I mentioned.

I hope you get it figured out. I know having chest pains is scary.
  3. Risk

Risk New Member

Thanks, AuntTammie. never heard of that particular test. I've done numerous
    holters, the Cardionet Event monitor for 3 weeks, numerous ekgs, echocardiograms,
    stress echos, nuclear stress tests but never heard of that one. I've even had the calcium
    scoring test done to see if there was calcium in the arteries and I scored a zero.

I do have costro. Every chest pain scares me to pieces. And the cardio says it's not
    cardiac. Then what is it? I wonder if I mention the test to him, will he look at me like I'm

Have you had this test done? What ere your symptoms and why did your dr agree
    to do it?

Thanks again

4. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I haven't had it done, but am wondering if I should. I've had chest pain, shortness of breath, light headedness, & some other symptoms that I can't think of rt now (sorry - I'm feeling really tired and foggy now). Due to my symptoms and what I have read on here and other places re: CFS and the possible diastolic cardiomyopathy connection, I have been wondering about it. The stuff I read makes a lot of sense, but I haven't seen much written about what to do about it if that is what's going on. For that reason, and becasue many Drs don't know about it (diastolic cardiomyopathy is a relatively new DX & that test is not used much yet), I am not sure if it's worth having it, or not. I have also had other tests to rule out other possibilities. I am pretty sure it was Dr Sarah Myhill that first started connecting the cardiomyopathy and CFS, but there have been others that have, too. If you look up info about her and about diastolic cardiomyopathy on here and on google, you should be able to find out more. As to your Dr, I have no idea if he will know about it, or not. If it were me, I'd probably ask.