Chest Pains - Anyone Else?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by anakinkaid, Mar 4, 2006.

1. anakinkaid

anakinkaid New Member

I've been having a lot of chest/heart pain the last few days. In addition, my heart will suddenly start beating very fast as if I've been running. Finally, my chest, neck and upper shoulders seems swollen, as if they had liquid under the skin. I don't want to sound weird here, but does anyone know of this as part of CFIDS/ME?

Thanks in Advance - Ana
  2. anakinkaid

anakinkaid New Member

3. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

Have you started any new medications in the month? Anxiety attacks can also start the heart to race. Edema (swelling under the skin) can be caused by a number of things.

I'd certainly go to a physician, walk in clinic or emerg to have them check you out today.

I have a rule with my hubby and that if he or I ever experience chest pain, we get it looked at right away. Better to play it safe than sorry.

Let us know when you get back how your doing OK?

Take care,

Eileen
  4. redsox10

redsox10 New Member

HI Ana,

First you should get checked out by a doctor to make sure you don't have anything else going on. Please rule out any cardiac or other issues.

My teen daughter had these symptoms. She was sick for 2 years and diagnosed with CFS before being diagnosed with Lyme 10/04. Since she has started Lyme treatment her chest pains and edema are gone. I am sure it was Lyme related.

Good luck and please don't ignore these symptoms.
  5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I was awake all last night with chest, shoulder and back pain left sided and got a rash too. But I just had a pile of heart tests, so I am thinking muscular. It is scary though. My rheumy said it is due to hypermobility.

Love Anne C
  6. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

Are you ok Ana? Did you get to the doctors?

Eileen
  7. anakinkaid

anakinkaid New Member

Appointment with the doctor today. Very hard weekend. Thanks for caring.

Ana