Chest Pains? Hormones? Costochondritis?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by domesticgoddess, Oct 8, 2002.

1. domesticgoddess

domesticgoddess New Member

Hi Ya'll - Haven't had a good 3 to 6 weeks. Quit hormones on the 16th of July because of reports they may cause Heart/Stroke Disease and/or Breast Cancer and my birthmom and her sister had both. Did pretty good for a month and Then SLam Bam Thank Ya Maam! Hot Flashes and Leg Pain!

Just spent the last 27 hours at the hospital because I was at the doctor's office at 3:45 yesterday, and he was discussing with me my doppler test that showed obstructions in both legs & began having hot flashes along with chest pains & blood pressure was 108/118.

He did an EKG and told me to call hubby to come take me to ER.

Long story short, EKG in ER & meds to lower the blood pressure & blood tests. Was admitted. Over the night I was poked 4 other times for bloodwork and an EKG at 4 AM in the Morning.

Cardiologist came in around 11:30 am today. I was having severe back spasms (dx of FMS,DDD,Osteo, bulging discs and spurs)from those dang beds in ER so he ordered demoral with phenegran through the IV. He said both EKGs' at hospital were normal.

Because of the obstructions in my legs he said no treadmill test.
    I had a nuclear study of the heart and A shot of Valium cause pain was quite severe from not only the beds, but also laying still on that thin flat board for the 1st part of the nuclear study. Was released at 6 tonite. No heart problems,but still dont know why obstructions in legs.

Sorry I havent posted much lately BUT have tried to read.

Gentleness
  2. domesticgoddess

domesticgoddess New Member

Hi Ya'll - Haven't had a good 3 to 6 weeks. Quit hormones on the 16th of July because of reports they may cause Heart/Stroke Disease and/or Breast Cancer and my birthmom and her sister had both. Did pretty good for a month and Then SLam Bam Thank Ya Maam! Hot Flashes and Leg Pain!

Just spent the last 27 hours at the hospital because I was at the doctor's office at 3:45 yesterday, and he was discussing with me my doppler test that showed obstructions in both legs & began having hot flashes along with chest pains & blood pressure was 108/118.

He did an EKG and told me to call hubby to come take me to ER.

Long story short, EKG in ER & meds to lower the blood pressure & blood tests. Was admitted. Over the night I was poked 4 other times for bloodwork and an EKG at 4 AM in the Morning.

Cardiologist came in around 11:30 am today. I was having severe back spasms (dx of FMS,DDD,Osteo, bulging discs and spurs)from those dang beds in ER so he ordered demoral with phenegran through the IV. He said both EKGs' at hospital were normal.

Because of the obstructions in my legs he said no treadmill test.
    I had a nuclear study of the heart and A shot of Valium cause pain was quite severe from not only the beds, but also laying still on that thin flat board for the 1st part of the nuclear study. Was released at 6 tonite. No heart problems,but still dont know why obstructions in legs.

Sorry I havent posted much lately BUT have tried to read.

Gentleness