Chest Pains on Weekend

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by louiesgirl2, Aug 15, 2005.

1. louiesgirl2

louiesgirl2 New Member

Saturday morning around noon I was going to meet my girlfriend at the nursing home where her mother is. While driving I started to have what I thought was a gas attack, which I have had before. I went into the ladies room because it got so bad, that I actually thought I might be having a heart attack as I had difficulty breathing, nausea, sweating and such pain I cannot even describe. It lasted about 3-5 minutes and then went away leaving me exhausted.

I didn't say anything to anyone and am still wondering what it was. I didn't even tell my husband as I did not want to scare him. He gets freaked out when I get sick.

I feel ok now, just scared it might happen again. I know I should call the doctor, just plain scared.

Phyliss
  2. gumama

gumama New Member

Hi

I know the fear your going through, I'm under a lot of stress right now... my 87 yr old Mom is in the hospital and my husband who has Lupus is very ill...

2 weeks ago on a Monday night, I had a lot of chest pain, went through to my back,my arms ached on the outside. etc.. the anxiety was through the roof.

I went to my Dr and she said, if you can push on your chest and the muscles and bones hurt its not your HEART, but anxiety and panic disorder.. I've had both for a while, but they are much more intense now.

I had an ekg and other tests this week and everything is fine... but you NEED TO CHECK it out for your own peace of mind, waiting for the testing drove me crazy not knowing..
    once you have the results you know what your dealing with... my favorite saying is " Knowledge is Power."..... and the knowledge that everything is OK will do wonders for your health.

Blessings
    gumama
  3. naturebaby

naturebaby New Member

I had a bad flu a few years ago and after days of retching and not eating, ended up with something very similar. Went to ER as I was so scared. They took me very seriously, hooked me up and gave me the all clear.

I did follow up with my doctor who ordered a stress test, which was also clear.

Best to know for sure and not take any chances. Please see your doc and keep us posted! Wishing you well, nature
  4. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

In June I had severe chest pain, accompanied by a shooting nerve pain in my jaw--classic female heart attack symptoms. I was fairly calm at the time and have never had panic attacks. So, I got really scared and figured the end was near. I went to my MD and he sent me to the cardiologist. Since there is family history of heart disease, he gave me the works--drug induced stress test, ultrasound, then an angiogram. Turned out my 52 yo heart is just fine. So, what caused it? For two weeks after the angiogram, the backs of both of my legs hurt like crazy. They felt like I'd been in a car accident and all my muscles seized up. I could barely walk. That was when I put it together. I have FM. I must have had it for years because the list of symptoms look like a map of my life. I just didn't get it until I had pain. Bad pain. When I went back to the cardiologist, I told him I believe I have FM. He looked at me really funny, then told me FM patients commonly have chest pain that feels like a heart attack. Well, that makes sense--the heart is a muscle isn't it? The fear of dying when my son is 4 and the physical trauma of the angiogram just pushed me over the edge. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that your pain might not be a heart attack at all. Do go to the doctor to make sure your heart is good, but be sure to let the cardiologist know you have FM. Good luck to you!
    Francie