Chest Pains

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dream5866, Apr 13, 2006.

1. dream5866

dream5866 New Member

Has anyone had pains in the wall of their chest? I have been feeling for over 3 weeks now that I got punched in the chest. I ended up in the ER and they did xrays, cat-scans, ekg, etc. and determined it was chest wall pain and my PCP said he thinks its related to my FMS. ANyone else experience this?
  2. cycling

cycling New Member

Good Morning! Yes, I get this frequently. For a long time whenever it got bad enough I'd go to the Dr and they'd send me to emergency. I'd be there for six hours and have my heart monitored. They'd never check for anything else. Nothing ever came of it. I have had many other symtoms over the years as well. My Dr had me classified as "probable MS" for twelve years and have had many MRI's. One day I was looking for some answers to all my many symtoms and I found this site. fmpartnership.org there is a section on Chest Symtoms. I never had even heard of FMS before. Turns out I've probably have had this condition for the last 40 years. Anyway I hope this article will give you the info you are looking for.
    Have a nice day!
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

dream:
    I am so glad you went to the ER when it happened. Good news.
    For me: I just had my doctor's visit and I described some symptoms to him (like yours) and he also told me it was the Fibromyalgia. On each visits he asks about chest pain and keeps it in check with meds and just plain good advice with a good manner about him.

So, you might not have to worry so much. Yes, it is serious when its the FM, but at least you were not having a heart attack.

Have a nice day/month/year,

nyrofan
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

And it is so scary so glad you went to ER.

I also have pains and numbness in left arm that scares me. Having tests for it next week.

Love Anne C
  5. gatorbait

gatorbait New Member

Dear Dream,
    YEs I also suffer from awfull chest pain from time to time my dr has diagnosed me with something called chongicongritis translation he said its arthritis of the chest wall. I am not sure if it's the fibro or the arthritis but what ever it is it is awfull. I have had such bad pains I could hardly take a breath. I just keep doing what the dr tells me take my meds and try not to over do it. Hope this gets better for you take care.
  6. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I have been having chest pain since January, after I eat. I found out I have erosive esophagus (GERD). The pain would be so bad it would take 2 pain pills to get it to the point I could stand it.

I waited until I had bacterial pneumonia, to go to the doctor about this.

Now I'm waiting for a med for the GERD that my insurance will cover as it won't cover the Prevacid that my doc gave me an Rx for.

This is the only chest pain I've had with FMS.

Hope you will feel better!

Hugs,
    Faye
  7. fowlerfab522

fowlerfab522 New Member

I have had these chest pains off and on for over a few years. I didn't want to say anything to anyone because I don't want to complain to anyone. I kept saying to myself if they get bad enough I will have a severe enough reaction to call 911. (I know, pretty dumb enough for me working in the medical field for over 14 years)

Then I found out by this and other web sites that is was related to FM.

That was a relief for me.