Chest Pressure?? Possible Gall bladder or peptic ulcer advise??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kimba4318, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Hi - I went to the ER yesterday. I could not get the pressure in my chest to stop and still can't. It feels like a softball is lodged in my upper chest. They said the think my gall bladder is okay, but I know they could not see all of it. It came on after I ate a greasy breakfast and has not stopped. ER said my right kidney is "presenting itself different then the left" whatever that means?!? Said to talk to GI doc about it and to get another endoscopy. Here are my symptoms can anyone give any advice please? I cannot eat and I am hungry:

severe pressure in upper chest (could be esphagus) (by the way, I drank the "cocktail" that gets rid of gas and numbs you stomach and esophagus and it made it worse actually)

It worsens with fatty foods, but is there even when not eating. I have been vommiting on and off for a couple of weeks, I always just thought my meds were hitting me badly or something. Sometimes I will just bend down and vomit will burn up my throat (sorry so gross), I get clammy and sweaty. I have had a horrible taste in my mouth for months now. No appetite, except for carbs. Right now it feels like someone is shooting toxic gas in my mouth and down my throat (hard to describe).

My doc can;t see me until Thursday, but I thought you all may have some suggestions for me. Any ideas what this might be? The ER doc said could possibly be Peptic Ulcer Disease.

I'm at a loss. Pain meds do not take this pressure away, I do not think anything will at this point.

Thank you for reading!
    Hugs
    Kim
  2. Shalala

Shalala New Member

I did have a small gall stone but all of this did not go away when I had the gall bladder removed. I thought I was having a heart attack. Finally I went on Effexor and my chesst got better. (((((( hugs ))))) I know it is scary
  3. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Thanks - so you just deal with that annoyoing pressure? I cannot eat at this point. When I do, my heart races and the gas "fumes" seem to fil up in my mouth and the pressure/pain gets worse in my chest.

Did they see the stone before they removed your gall bladder? Or did they do it because the suspected it was the problems?

Thanks for your help.
    Hugs
    Kim
  4. obrnlc

obrnlc New Member

hi kimba,
    not sure of some of the other symptoms, but the pressure and feeling of a softball sounds like when i had an extremely enlarged thymus gland, something that is supposed to shrivel to nothing in adulthood but grows quite large (like a softball!) in some autoimmune disorders.
    when i had it, i just felt the pressure, but i'm sure it can cause other GI symtoms,(like the hiatal hernia you show symptoms of) also. I had read of others with this illness having it, too,just a thought.
    the worsening after fatty foods is classic gall bladder, though, but could possibly be a combo of stuff (lucky you!!)
    the thymus is located directly behind the breastbone.
    A ct of chest and abdomen may help.
    good luck--L
  5. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

thank you - i will bring that up to the GI doc,that is really interesting. I hope he can do something about it soon.
    Thanks for your advice!
    Hugs
    Kim
  6. Catseye

Catseye Member

Fatty food will clog up the liver pretty fast and you feel it in your chest. I did alot of liver posts awhile back, going into detail about food and supplements for it. These are 2 of the most informative:

December 17, Your Liver is NOT fine, don't assume it is

December 26, Liver congestion

good luck!

karen
  7. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

thanks karen - will look that up now. i do appreciate it!!

Hugs
    Kim
  8. wrthster

wrthster New Member

hi,

I have a similiar problem now for 8 months. In my case, I think it is an infection. But in yours, it can be different. Maybe start simple, go to your Primary Care Doctor and ask for a complete CBC to check your white blood cell count, liver enzymes, ect. Also, ask him to do a test for pancreatic functions like your lipase levels to see if they are elevated. In the meantime, you can try some calcium, magnesium, and zinc tablets ($5 at vitamin shoppe). It helped me for a while. Best of luck and hope you feel better. Also, digestive enzymes might help as well. Let them rule out the usual like gallstones ect. It seems at least to me this is not that unusual for autoimmune problems. None the less, try to get the tests done by an open minded Physician.