Chestwall muscular pain from doing nothing???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dorabella, Jan 15, 2006.

1. dorabella

dorabella New Member

Has anyone ever woken up, got out of bed in the morning and felt so stiff along the upper part of the chest wall they can hardly move.

I woke up like this yesterday, feeling stiff as if I'd been rollering walls with paint with my arms above my head the previous day. As I haven't been decorating recently I can't account for the muscular pain.

I'm OK as long as I sit relaxed but sitting at my desk using the PC is definitely aggravating it. Every time I move my upper torso to one side or the other I feel as if my shoulders, neck and chest are going to lock.

Any ideas on how to relax this in a work environment?

Is this just another facet of FM that I haven't experienced for a long time making its comeback!!

2. Scarlett65

Scarlett65 New Member

when I wake up my chest hurts as I described to my doctor,"like an elephant stomped my ribs, then chewed them up, spit them out and tried to put them back". It is the worst possible pain. I've had this pain for over a year now and still no definite reason for it from the doc except maybe it costochondritis which it probably is since ive had it before. I sit at a computer often too often really. The doesnt seem to aggravate it because it happens no matter what I do the day before. I hope yours gets better. It takes me 3-4 hours on a good day to feel human with this.
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Every day. But I only rest easier with this after having a whole slew of heart tests and lung check just to make sure it is chest wall pain. All these pains are not only horrid but scarey too aren't they? I like your description of rollering the ceiling as I often would feel that way AFTER rollering a ceiling for a day, but since FM it is all the time.

Hugz Crom
  4. dorabella

dorabella New Member

It's now a little easier, after 4 hours but still niggling Seemed to ease slightly after a hot cup of tea, but I suspect that's only coincidental.

Doesn't help that I've got a lot of PC work today. Can't wait to get home tonight and get in a comfortable position with a glass of brandy!!

D.
  5. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

I have it more often than not. I really don't understand what causes it--doctors don't know either. I'm finding damp weather (or cold, although in Florida not extreme) makes it worse. I just apply heat--live with my heating pad!