chewing ice!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Doznclan3, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

Has anyone ever had this??? The "need" to just chew and chew ice? I can't believe how much I do this. I've heard that it can be because of an iron defenciancy, but I started taking my Trinsicon faithfully starting about three weeks ago, still, wanting that ice! It's crazy! I know that there are people out there that do this, but wondered if a lot of people with fibromyalgia did it more so? Just wondering. New here. Have been looking over some of the subjects. There seems to be a lot of help out there. I know that I will be posting more, and talking, I just seem to need that at times. Thank you. Doznclan3
  2. loto

loto Member

YES, YES, YES!!!! I chomp on ice throughout the day at work!!!!!! I can't stand it when my glass of tea is empty of ice! I've wondered why I do this. I was diagnosed with FM last May or June. And, around the same time I had bloodwork done that said I was slightly anemic. I don't take iron supplements because it bothers my stomach. So, I'm like you, if anyone knows if this is a weird symptom of something, please let us know!!!!! Good to know I'm not the only one who does this.

3. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

Just to let you know, you can get shots at the office that should last a while...don't think it should bother your stomach? Having the iron works for a lot of people. But alas, I still chew. Doznclan3
  4. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

Ah ha! The stored iron. Didn't think of that. Going to the dr. next Wed. Will ask about that.
    Thank you. Doznclan3
  5. charlenef

charlenef New Member

It can take yrs to restore your ferritin levels(stored iron) I had 3 iron ivs to get mine up I still will take it the rest of my life it is the only thing that has helped with my pain level since it bring oxygen to the muscles
  6. justdifferent

justdifferent New Member

I eat ice like there's no tomorrow. I am always slightly anemic (sit around 4 RBC, 12 hematocrit). Will have to investigate supplements. I tolerated SlowFe in massive doses after a major haemorrhage years ago and began to reticulate at double the expected rate.

Just try getting ice to eat in Europe.... in the winter....