CHICKEN OR EGG....?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by huska, Nov 16, 2006.

1. huska

huska New Member

BEFORE I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH FIBRO, ABOUT ONE YEAR EARLIER, I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH A CHRONIC DEPRESSION.
    THE PAIN CAME FIRST, WHEN MY SON WAS IN THE HOSPITAL JUST BEFORE HE DIED.
    I'M STARTING TO THINK. DO I REALLY HAVE CHRONIC DEPRESSION OR AM I JUST USED TO ANTI-DEPRESSSANTS?
    TODAY I TALKED TO A FRIEND OF MINE - DR - AND HE TOLD ME " HOW TO TREAT SOMETHING THAT WE DON'T UNDERSTAND ? WHAT CAME FIRST ? THE DEPRESSION OR THE PAIN? "
    IT MADE ME THINK ABOUT WHAT CAME FIRST? THE CHICKEN OR THE EGG??????
    IS THIS DOUBT NATURAL? NOT ABOUT THE CHICKEN AND THE EGG.....
    I STILL FEEL VERY DEPRESSED AND SAD SOMETIMES BUT I THINK IT'S JUST BECAUSE I CAN'T DO THINGS THE WAY O USED TO, AND OF COURSE SOMETIMES BAD MEMORIES KNOCK ON MY HEAD........
    I DON'T KNOW... IGUESS I NEED TO VEN WITH SOMEONE THAT COULD UNDERSTAND WHAT I'M FEELLING AND THINKING.

2. wish_to_be_healthy

wish_to_be_healthy New Member

My depression came after my fatigue (It was CFS first)Fibro grew out of Lupus and other auto immune stuff...

I just isn't fair is it!!!!

Anyone would get a secondary depression when their lives have been altered like ours have...It's just natural...

Even if it's not fair...Life isn't fair, unfortunately...

Wish it was.

Suz
  3. huska

huska New Member

Yes, I think life isn't fair.
    Thank you for replying to my post. You understood what you mean and that was great for me. You have no idea.

Best wishes to you
  4. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

I think it must be normal to question ourselves this way. I questioned myself alot before I filed for long term disability and just found out I was denied. I am so sad right now.

I also feel it can be traumatic life events that cause the onset of our illness. It must have been devastating to lose your son.

The bottom line is not which came first but how do you feel today and what might help you now?

I have been treated for depression off and on for 20 years. Part of it is from chemical imbalance and the other from all the pain I feel. The grief from losing the ability to do things the way I use to is very disheartening at times. Is it possible to try a different anti-depressant?

I feel for you please take care,
    Susan07
  5. huska

huska New Member

I'm so sorry you are sad. I already realized that those things in US are very dificult to get. That's terrible.

Thank you for replying and you having so many problems......

Some days I think : this thing wont beat me !!!!! but sometimes I just wish I could dissapear....
  6. wish_to_be_healthy

That is the reaction I have when things are overwhelming...also, when you are depressed you are looking thru lenses that aren't clear...

I have had a lot of emotional things happen to me in the last several days...I have posted about it, and I am glad people got back to me...

But because I am overwhelmed...I feel like going away...Isolating.

This board has been a life line for me, but I am greiving about family members, and about my health in relation to them...

So I know intellectually, I should get a reality check, and stay connected...But emotionally, I feel like going away, because my feelings are so huge and I feel like I have just been whiney on the board!

Don't want to be...Easier to give support, than to receive it...

Now I've vented on your thread...sorry...

I'll post it for you, but I think i'll take it down after you read it,

Suz
  7. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

I understand your statement, "Some days I think : this thing wont beat me !!!!! but sometimes I just wish I could dissapear.... " and feel the same way often.

For me I feel like it is something I have to go through and I am trying to use my trials to help other people through theirs.

Take care,
    Susan07
  8. huska

huska New Member

You did well.
    I think exactly the same way as you. Funny how many people we find here that think the way I do.
    That's good because it seems it's hard for people close to us to understand what we are beeing throug.

Vent whenever you want. Huska is my name.

Olga
  9. huska

huska New Member

IT SEEMS I CAN'T HELP ANYONE. YOU ALL KNOW SO MUCH MORE THAN I DO.....I FEELL HELPLESS IN THIS BOARD.
    I CAN'T EVEN UNDERSTAND SOME OF TEH MEDICATION YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT BECAUSE I 'M IN A DIFERENT COUNTRY.
    IT'S HARD FOR ME TO BE IN HERE BUT I'M TRYING.

AT LEAST I DON'T THINK I'M CRAZY !!!!!!
  10. wish_to_be_healthy

I love your jewelry...

I hope you are able to get the help you need...I am suffering from depression myself, and am going to take a break from the board...Hope to talk to you when I get back.

Suz
    [This Message was Edited on 11/17/2006]
  11. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Hi Huska

I know what you mean about wondering which came first. We have so many weird symptoms with FM that it is hard to know where it began.

I also get confused about some of the medications that people talk about here. A lot of them aren't available in Canada yet.

Its nice to have you back with us. How have you been? Maybe you could join us in the chit chat board. I would enjoy having a chat with you.

hugs Redwillow
  12. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

I can't cypher the medical stuff alot of times myself (brain fog). Just being on here and talking about the everyday things is what I enjoy.

That's how we help each other here. Sharing with others how we can make the simple things even simpler!

Take care,
    Susan07