Childbirth and FM

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by celina, May 1, 2003.

1. celina

celina New Member

I know this seems like an odd topic, but my doctor thinks that the birth of my son, is the trigger to my FM.
    The reason is, I was in labour for barely an hour, I went into shock, I had no painkillers, he was born with cord around his neck, I stopped having contractions before he was fully out of the birth canal and I had to be woke up to finish pushing. My tail-bone was severely bruised for over a year and there have been the odd complication since. Has anyone else been told that childbirth was the trigger.
    Celina
  2. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

My fibromyalgia came on after the birth of my first child. I like to say it came out because I was having some mild symptoms my whole life but just didn`t know what it was. I think its something already there but any big trauma to you or your body just makes it come out full-blown.
    I went to a Fm class one time and the PT leading the class said that many women show up with Fm after giving birth. I still can`t blame in on just that. It was always there, perhaps lying dormant. Something would have brought it out eventually. I had two car accidents and a hyterectomy and each trauma seems to make it a little worse.
  3. celina

celina New Member

I've always had the different symptoms just one after the other, than after my son, it was all at once. Thank-you for sharing, I'm hoping to find more info on it.