Chills and Goosebumps?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kriket, May 30, 2006.

1. kriket

kriket New Member

I keep getting a wave of chills and goosebumps all over my body. Anyone else? What causes these? I will be fine, then here comes another wave of them. I feel like I'm freezing when they come over me. Is this normal with this dd? I am also aching really bad today. Can't get comfortable.

Kriket
  2. JimCoyote1942

JimCoyote1942 New Member

Dear Kriket,
    I have the same problem as you. The chills are especially bad when I first awaken, whether it is in the morning or after a nap. They usually go away after a few minutes, but they are quite strong before that.
  3. elliespad

elliespad Member

Are some sort of neurological goings on. I was getting them 5 or 6 years ago while on antibiotics. I suddenly became allergic/sensitive to every antiobiotic, even those I had previously taken with no problem. I would get these waves of tingles and goosebumps come over and over me. Also, made my brain feel very weird, in a way I couldn't describe. It was the antibiotics for me. When I stopped them, the waves of goosebumps stopped.

This was sort of the tingle/chills I get if I have to pee really bad. Does anyone else get that?
    [This Message was Edited on 05/30/2006]
  4. kriket

kriket New Member

5. kriket

kriket New Member

How are you feeling? Last post I saw from you you were sick and kind of down. Are you feeling better? Thanks for thinking about me so sweet of you. Hugs.

Kriket
  6. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

usually an indicator of an infection present . The chills and goosebumps ( and worse fatigue ) are a result of your immune system firing up in effort to knock off a pathogen.

This is a MISERABLE feeling , and I have had it ten years
    almost constantly . I always knew that this DD was an infection. Finally , 10 yrs later I find I have lyme .
    I have been on ABX for several months and not having the chills and goosebumps ( and sore lymph nodes ) constantly .