Chills

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NyroFan, Oct 3, 2006.

1. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Hello all;

I have not seen this mentioned to often, but from time to time i get chills. They come and go and i was wondering if anyone experiences this.

nyrofan
  2. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Almost missed this!

Yes, I definitely do. I also occasionally get goosebumps on just one limb or part of one, like on my .... left calf.
    Crazy, huh? The chill things is awful though, especially when I just can't get warm. It often happens when the weather is changing from warm to cold although I've had it occur in the summer too.

Marta

3. darvick

darvick New Member

I go from being really hot to freezing without a temp. Goosy bumps and all. I think my thermostat is broken.

Big Hugs
    Darlene
  4. teeger

teeger New Member

Hi
    Just saw your message. I get the chills but they are not like normal chills. It is like i'm cold on the inside and no matter what I do I can not get warm. It doesn't seem like I run a temp with them. I do get flu like feelings, like achyness. Like I am running a temp. I so hate this feeling. Hubby always says to get under a heating blanket, can't make him understand it does no good. Have any of you gone to the docs for this? Please let me know as I would really like to know what could cause this.

Thanks
    Anna
  5. CATHYRG

CATHYRG New Member

i am so glad to see this addressed. i thought iwas the only one with chills. yesterday it was 90 here and i had the heat on because i had chills. no fever hardly ever do i have a fever .......i don't know why except when i am experiencing the bad pain it is the worse time for chills. i turn the fireplace on annnd stand in front of it as long as i can. the sweat pours off everyone else. blankets don't work it has to be heat or real hot. i have sjogrens so i can't use a heatiing blanket as it drys my skin all the more. crazy huh?
    [This Message was Edited on 10/04/2006]
  6. opticaltech

opticaltech New Member

Thats what I have!....Im never at a comfortable temperature!!....L.
  7. kriket

kriket New Member

Yes. I get chills a lot too, especially when I am feeling real tired and just having a bad day!! Your not alone.

Kriket
  8. smeyers

smeyers New Member

I'm cold all the time. even when I have hot flashes, I'm ice cold and so are my hands and toes. It could be 90 and my office mates are dying of the heat and I'm happily going about my job just as comfy as could be! Don't know if my thermostat is just set on low or if it's a fibro thing.
  9. jana15

jana15 New Member

These are the bane of my life and I thought I was the only one who suffered from it. It is the most prominent symptom of my Fibro/CFS and like many of you have mentioned, nothing seems to warm me up once I get cold.

It has been so bad over the past few years that my husband has agreed to move next year to far north Queensland (Australia) I was up there earlier this year in February (our hottest month) and I finally felt warm. Poor husband was almost expiring with heat and humidity but I felt alive for the first time in years.

Yes, I would definately say the chill is my worst symptom and usually once I get cold, the muscle pain starts up and so too do the headaches and TMJ. When I have the chill, I get tired very quickly and my digestive system shuts down, which means if I try to eat whilst I'm chilled, It will usually not stay down.

I've tried talking to doctors about it but usually just get a vacant look. They just don't seem to comprehend what I'm saying. In winter here (which is mild and probably comprable to your Nappa valley)I have to climb into bed or stay in bed for most of the winter simply because I can't bear the bone chilling cold I am experiencing.

If anyone finds a solution to this dilemma, please pass it on!

Cheers Jana