Chinese food - and aches

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Brownie08, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Brownie08

Brownie08 New Member

I think I remember postings on increased aches and pains after eating Chinese food...aka MSG Does that make sense? I had Chinese last night for lunch today - and I feel aweful. I have been in a major flare up this past month - but for some reason my aches are even more acute!!!! My left side feels like a knife is sticking out of head pressure is jaw is aching...oh what fun!!!

2. acer2000

acer2000 New Member

MSG can cause problems, but chinese food is also loaded with soy. Soy is one of the top food allergens, even in people who aren't sick like us. Have you ever been tested for food allergies?
  3. Brownie08

Brownie08 New Member

You guys - the bells are going off in my head.
    I have been eating and drinking soy for the past several months.
    I have stopped eating meat - thinking that is a good thing...and my symptoms seem to be getting worse. What is new is that I have increased my soy intake by 100%. Could I be making myself sicker?? I am going to eliminate all soy for the next few weeks and see if that helps. Thanks for this eye opening moment.

4. acer2000

acer2000 New Member

Yeah I really don't see a reason to stop eating meat altogether. You obviously shouldn't eat highly processed meat (organic if you can afford it), or reallty fatty meat like bacon, but lean/clean meat in moderation is good for you. Its hard to get enough protien without eating meat. Tofu (soy), eggs, fish (toxins), there aren't that many options that most people aren't allergic to...
  5. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

Look these up on the net, there are many, many sites about how bad these two are for our bodies.

MSG causes all kinds of things and can make our illness much worse.

Soy makes me have terrible irregular bleeding. I can't have it. If I dare to drink soy milk, it's like all over for me. I'll get a period so heavy it's scary. I try to avoid soy whenever I can.

6. Empower

Empower New Member

Well, I try to avoid Chinese food because of the MSG, because a Chinese friend told me that even though they "say" they don't put MSG in the food, most Chinese restaurants use it

Every now and then I get a hankering for it, as I did this week and boy did I have a lousy week!
  7. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

It's in everything, or at least alot of things. Soups, salad dressings. It's in stuff.

You know what's really sad is, we can't eat our food the way God intended us to eat it because everything is so full of all this junk. All the preservatives, colorings, additives, fillers, sugars. How are we supposed to ever get healthy if we can't have wholesome foods?

I went to the grocery store today (paying in pain right now). All I wanted was some canned fruit with no sugar and no sugar substitutes. I just wanted it plain and canned. They didn't sell it without sugar or Splenda! There wasn't one can of fruit in the store that didn't have sugar syrup or Splenda for the no sugar version. They didn't have any without anything added to it.
  8. quanked

quanked Member

have you tried canned fruit sweetened with pear juice or other fruit juice?