Chiropractic care for Fibro?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kinelson, Jul 12, 2006.

1. kinelson

kinelson New Member

I am willing to try anything these days. I have heard that there is a Chiropractor in my town that works with fibro patients. what is your experience with Chiropractic care? I am so affraid that it will really hurt for him to start twisting my body around. What do you think, or what has your experience been?

Thanks
  2. a-b

a-b New Member

I went once and felt better for awhile. But he was so concerned about all the meds I was on and told me I was on a downward spiral! When he started asking about gyno meds, why do I need them, etc., that was enough. I came to him to have my back worked on, not for a ob-gyn consult! Never went bak. Hopefully yours will work on just what you are coming in for! I just happened to get a jerk.

Good luck! A
  3. msmac

msmac New Member

I have been using them since 1980. BUT, there are some real poor ones out there, so you need to find one you click with. If he/she hurts you, they are not for you. IF they have worked with people with fibro they know how tender we can be. There may be a minimal amount of pressure, barely pain, when examining, but if they are "joint crackers" RUN out of there!

I have found a great one, just out of school, who is willing to work with me on his fee, and he is very experience, has TIME to spend with me, on every visit, and has also set me up with a nutritional program and supplements to help me. If you can't find one that is willing to help "your whole body", keep looking. Maybe he would give you a consult to see if you 2 are a fit.

You may feel some mild soreness for 24 hours or so after he adjusts you, but it is necessary to get your joints moving, keeping back disks lubricated.
  4. WHIT1

WHIT1 New Member

I started going to the chiro ,16 yrs ago and if it weren't for them I would not be as mobile or even walking.I was dx with scleroderma at that time and was in major pain.So went to the office where there were 2 of them and together they put together a routine on adjusting me. I cannot be adjusted like a normal person and you have to adjust me in order starting at my feet and working your way up. Over the years I have had certain adjustments put in and some taken out. Like he can' touch my neck but thats ok its back to normal after 10 yrs. I had a car accident that caused my neck to be leaning to the right. I had to add the feet cause of all the walking I had done when I was working. So now I'm on disability I only have to go maybe once a month for maintenance and thats cause my hip shifts and it gets the fibro started up. If you can find a good one I'd say go for it. They saved me especially with this fibro I'm not so tender anymore.
  5. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I go every 3-4 weeks to my chiropractor and it does help. They can keep your spine in good shape and usually you will have less pain as a result. That is what they are qualified to do unless they have taken other courses. If they start trying to do a lot of other things, look for someone else.

Kathy.
  6. TAM

TAM New Member

Hi I went to a chiropractor and it made my pain worse and more intense. However it has helped alot of people of coarse we all respond differently to everything what works for one might not work for another.

If you do try it I really hope it works for ya, I'll be thinking of ya. Take care, Tammy.