Chiropractic Care Search?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jane32, Sep 5, 2006.

1. jane32

jane32 New Member

I met with one and hav eplans to get a second opinion. But how can you tell if they are good? There seems to be a lot of bad ones out there. I don't have pain and I am fearful a bad chiro will cause me to have pain. Yet I want to try it b/c it seems it can really help in the healing process.
  2. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Jane, those of us with CFS seem to be able to handle chiropractic better than those with FM.

As for how you know they're good, find out the basic things like how long they've been in practice, where they went to school (Palmer Intitute is good and there are others), referrals are worthwhile to check out - ask if they have other CFS patients and ask if they will put you in touch with one or two and they should always take x-rays before touching you the first time. I won't say they can't hurt you, I suppose it could happen, but the worst a good chiropractic adjustment has done to me is make me a little more fatigued for a day or two. If I go regularly that doesn't happen but if I skip a few weeks, I have a slight flare.

I have to say thought that while I think chiropractic is helpful in general, I'm not sure they do much for CFS specifically. Maybe if I'd quit going I'd find out differently!

Good luck!
    Marta