Chiropractic Procedure for Fibromyalgia

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Helpfinally, Jul 13, 2005.

1. Helpfinally

Helpfinally New Member

Upper Cervical Care(Chiropractic "Brain Stem Procedure"

It has really helped my FM there are not many DC's trained in this procedure but if you have a Chiropractor ask him about it. I can tell you more just let me know if you are interested in getting some"Helpfinally"
  2. benoit

benoit New Member

is that the same as Bio-Cranial Therapy- where the chiro moves your cranium?

Lori
  3. Helpfinally

Helpfinally New Member

This procedure is different than regular Chiropractic
    If you have found a DC that does this please get started asap and I will be anxious to hear your results. I have gone from 7-8 meds a day down to 3. Only occasional pain medicine and less of what I call FM episodes (flu like symptoms, pain, feeling like crap no energy I'm sure you know.

Maybe I'll catch up to you in the chat room sometime
  4. neen85

neen85 New Member

Please tell us more! Daneen
  5. Jgavi

Jgavi New Member

This dr has great info on his website www.stopfibro.com

jgavi
  6. busybusymom

busybusymom New Member

Hi Helpfinally,

How many treatments did you have before you found some relief? Also, is your pain all over your back or just in your upper back and neck? Do you suffer from migraines as well?

It sounds like a miracle!! - which is what I need right now, as we all do!!

Jennifer
  7. benoit

benoit New Member

with the Doc. in California. I live in Houston. It is a long protocal but I have talked to several people that have come out of his clinic pain free and med free. Helpfinally, where are you going for help?

Lori
  8. tenabell

tenabell New Member

OK,what exactly do I ask the chiropractor for?What is the exact name of the procedure?Let me know and I will search around and give this a try.
    what exactly does this procedure do.Does he just move your neck around ?Let me know.
    Thanks,Tena
  9. snuggle

snuggle New Member

Lori,
    I live in california! Where is the chiropractor located? Thanks, Michelle
  10. kbo

kbo New Member

The procedure everyone's talking about is called "upper Cervical Adjustment. I hear there are only about 2000 chiropractors world wide that specialize in it. it corrects the top vertabre and atlas.The web site to find a chiropractor who specializes in this in your area is WWW.uppercervical.org. I just made an appointment for next week! I hope it works!
  11. nanna4550

nanna4550 New Member

All of you who have been treated- please let us know
    if you are improving and how many adjustments are needed.
  12. Mom2_1

Mom2_1 New Member

I started going to him a couple of years ago. My pain level has decreased somewhat. There are still days when I am in a lot pain and tremendous headaches. But after going to him I have to say that he helps. They do x-rays before and after. I couldn't believe the difference in the 2. For what little it costs me compared to a regular doctor visit, I believe it's worth it. I still have to take some pain meds and I am still tired alot but the way my body feels after an adjustment is a lot better than before it. Good luck.
  13. Rasco

Rasco New Member

Hey Guys,

I just had my Atlas adjusted this morning..... So far i have noticed the follow after effects...... first my posture seems alot better naturally without trying to hold a position..... next my head feels alot more balanced on top of my head..... my chin sits up alot higher than normal....

back pain and stiffness is still there but i think things are changing.... will keep you guys updated....
  14. Bambi

Bambi New Member

the question of what exactly was done to those who have had it done. Personal experience always seems better than the technical explanations websites give. Anyone that will say how it was done for THEM would be appreciated!

I've had a lot of Chirooopractic work done by the "best" Chiro in our cities here but it made me better for awhile and then much worse. I had to quit. I recently thought of going again but making him leave my neck alone as that is what usually made my
    FM worse from the waist up. EVERY time he worked on my neck I had problems. Bambi
  15. exgolfer

exgolfer New Member

I had a long chiropractic treamtent done 1 year ago. It was in CA. It was a long treatment, 2 to 3 adjustments a
    day for 2 to 3 months. I got better but needed to continue
    adjustments with a chiro in my area. Some patients got
    99.9% well others 80% well. Some went home and their C1
    came out. I was about 70% better. Strange thing happened,
    heard from a few of the patients, they had found a treatment that was even better and it was a single treatment, no cracking. It was a Atlas Pro-Filax treatment. It was like a massager that works around the neck, it takes about 10 to 15 minutes. They believe it will only take 1 treatment to get it in. There are only 3 places to get this procedure in CA only. I had it done 3 1/2 months ago and am gradually healing. I am excited, brain fog gone, fatigue gone, but I do still get tired, I sleep so much better. The pain is gone but I still get
    aches that is from the spine realigning. This treamtent is advertised as a way to allow the body to heal.
    Lena
  16. LongStruggle

LongStruggle Guest

I have been to 3 of these kind of chiropractors. The first 2 significantly worsened me and the third just wasn't helping me very much. I switched to a chiropractor who specializes in using kinesiology and I started having major improvments. I have been seeing him since 2001. Initially TMJ was a problem, atlas constantly out, numerous vertebrae were out throughout the spine -- cervical, thoracic, lumbar, sacral. He also adjusts for cranial faults with slight hand movements and a percussion instrument. I also purchased a hand held massager by Homedics that appeared to do the same thing as his percussion instrument. At present the only chiropractor problems I have is mid-back and that is coming from my heart. Atlas, lower back, TMJ problems haven't been present for years. Cervical problems have not been present for about 6 months. No cranial faults for at least 2 years.
  17. fungirl2100

fungirl2100 New Member

Hello friends,

I am glad that some of you have found some relief in chiropractic care. If you find a good chiropractor it's like striking gold. It's harder than finding a good doctor.

Please use extreme care when seeking attention from a chiropractor. Ask your doctor perhaps for a reference or friends, relatives someone.

My husband had a horrible experience with a chiropractor a few years back & refuses to go back to one.

I myself am going to try to the Accupunture route first. My pain doc had recommended that as a possible source of some good relief. My family doc does it & I trust him obviously with my life :)

Good luck & I hope to hear more good news about the chiropracting working for people with Fibro.

love your friend,
    fun

P.S.-Please do not take this as anything other than advice.
    I'm doing the same as others & we should support & respect what each other are saying. I guess that's my little after thought. People do not feel well on this board & I am one of them, but let's not lash out on one another because we don't like one's advice or opinion. Let's keep it friendly..... rainbows & unicorns make me happy ;)
  18. Ginner

Ginner New Member

This is super, keeping this in my records.
    [This Message was Edited on 04/02/2007]