Chiropractic Therapy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Member, Jul 14, 2003.

1. Member

Member New Member

Hi everyone - has anyone used a Chiropractor for symptoms of fms/cfs and/or an arthritic condition/tension headaches?
    If so, for how long? Has it helped? Thanks much..
    Wishing everyone a feel good day!! Pat
  2. JP

JP New Member

I have used Chiropratic for years now. I am now seeing an Osteopath for adjustments. I love both. Chiropractic is a bit intense for me these days. I have several bad discs so the work on my spine needs to be fairly subtle these days.

If you try it, just know that there are many approaches to Chiropractic and Osteopathy. If you try a doc that does not work, try another and or ask friends who they see and what they think.

Take care,
    Jan
  3. cocoaa

cocoaa New Member

Hello,

I'm new to this message board today but I was reading the messages and saw yours concerning chiropractic for fibro. I have just been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and have had rheumatoid arthritis for almost 8 years so I know what it is like to have to treat the body tenderly. I definitely use chiropractic but do gauge not using it on my most painful days if I can avoid it. I do, however, go to a massage therapist every other week and every week during the bad times to get it back under control and we do deep tissue massage one time and then accupressure/reflexology the next time and just keep alternating them. I find that if I go once a week, even though it is more of a sacrifice finding the money(i'm lucky though it only costs me $35), that I am much less sore on an overall basis.

I'm also getting ready to start taking OPC therapy which is a natural vitamin/mineral immune booster so I'm hoping that will help with the fatigue and cloudy head.

Cocoaa