Chiropractic Visits

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Aberlaine, Dec 29, 2005.

1. Aberlaine

Aberlaine Member

Has anyone gone to a chiropractor for their pain? Has it helped at all?

I'm at my wit's end with my back, hip, neck and elbow pain. It seems to be coming from the tender points. If I take prescription NSAIDS, I run the risk of heart disease. If I don't, I can barely move.

I've spoken to a chiropractor who told me that much of our pain is due to improper posture - overcompensating for an injury, etc. I'm going to have x-rays and an assessment on Monday.

I just don't want to get my hopes up that the chiropractor will be successful enough to get me off pain meds. I also don't want to pay lots of money for something that won't help either.

Nancy
  2. fifthofanickel

fifthofanickel New Member

twice a month, & massage twice a month..

The chiro I go to, works w/fms/cfs patients & she's great. If your guy doesn't work w/fibro people, he probably won't be of much help. I tried many b4 finding this gal. What I did was call each chiro office here in town,(after no success w/the many tried) & some outside of town & asked if they worked w/fibros...

Some said of course he/she works w/all types of patients..That wasn't good enough for me..I kept asking if they had special skills for fibro, etc. If I didn't get the answer I wanted, I said skip it....Ask if they do cranio/sacral treatments, work esp.w/neck & shoulders,& hips. Those seem to be the trigger areas for me & many others I've been in contact with.

It's unfortunate we have to "shop" around for the right person to treat us, but it is...

I wish you well, & if this person doesn't work out for you, keep trying til you find the right one. It will be worth it..Right now I'm having horrible probs w/my feet. (plantar fascitis) Toooooooo much going on this time of year. I'm seeing my chiro tomorrow & can't wait, I'm sure my hips are out....

Wishing you well;
    Fifth
    [This Message was Edited on 12/29/2005]
  3. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

see my most recent post entitled "butt and leg pain (PLEASE READ)" for my chiro experience.

hope you get some relief!
    eddie
  4. Empower

Empower New Member

5. saphire27

saphire27 New Member

I tried this chiropractor once a few years ago, i went for a few months. It flared up my symptoms as soon as i got home, he wasn't very experienced in Fibro patients, but he was very nice, he wanted to honestly help me, and told me if i stuck with him for awhile & it didn't work i wouldn't have to pay him, then if it did we could make payment arrangements, but i was in process of moving AGAIN, so i didn't follow threw, i agree to shop around make some calls, find out what they CAN do for you 1st, if they have the experience. Oh yeah at that time i agreed to come off all meds, and try his herbal stuff, called FIBRO-D-MG. It did nothing for me.

BUT GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!!
    Angel
  6. Aberlaine

Aberlaine Member

I "found" this chiropractor because she gave a "Fibromyalgia" seminar a few nights ago. A couple of friends, who knew I had fibromyalgia, offered to take me, so I went. She made lots of sense, which is why I'm considering going to her on a regular basis.

We'll see what happens Monday during my exam and consultation. Thanks everyone for your helpful comments.

Nancy