Chiropractor doing free nerve test in grocery store???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ckball, Jul 13, 2006.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

I was in Krogers the other day and there was a Chiropractor doing a free nerve test. So I thought what the heck, lets see what this is about.

He had a laptop connected to a instrument sort of like a neck massager with rollers on each side.

He started at the base of my neck and ran it up to the base of my skull.

He then showed me the 4 stages on the screen and what they are looking for. Basically he said if your out of ailgment it will cause nerve problems. I am a big believer in chiropractors, I miss mine in VA.

Anyway, I am rated a severe, stage 4. I have had neck problems for years, especially when I played pool. I use to go twice a month for maintence on my neck. It would go off like a shot gun when he cracked it.

Has anyone had this test used on them at a Dr office or grocery store?

I have a EMG next week and will tell my neuro about it to see what he says. Carla
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

to see how much business the chiro can drum up.
  3. mrsjethro

mrsjethro New Member

It's sort of freaky that he was doing it in the grocery store.

Did he give you any idea of what the name of the procedure was actually called or anything that you can think of that you could research on it? Did this Chiro have his own website too? Maybe it's a new procedure that can help detect something. What kind of treatment would he provide for it, or was is just strictly a diagnostic tool?

I trust and dearly love my chiro. I drive 45 minutes just to get to him because he is so good and all of the ones in my town are too aggressive for me.

If it were me, I'd want to know a lot more about whatever that is that he did, and what the course of treatment would be.

Was there some type of special event going on that they were doing this for or was he just in there doing this himself?
  4. ckball

ckball New Member

He does have a site. Google Upper cervical care, there are many differents sites regarding this subject.

I did read some and it makes sense. My question is how many times does this need to be done and does Medicare pay for it.

This guy was young, I figure he is a new Dr, there is a site for Drs to set up an Upper Cervical Care pratice. They are different than reg chiropractors in that they only adjust the C1 the Atlas and C2 the Axis. In this kit they tell the Dr how to market their practice, I guess the grocery is one spot.

I think the tool he used was a heat sensor. It was mentioned in one of the sites.

I was just curious if anyone has done this. I'd be curious if it works, Carla
  5. rockyjs

rockyjs Member

I think I know what you're talking about...they call it a non-invasive type of EMG which I think shows overfiring of the muscles from the surface of the skin. I think it's a useful tool to some extent, but sometimes they use scare tactics to get people in.

I've seen many chiropractors over the years, and the very best were the ones that used the Activator method. It's a little spring-loaded device that taps the area that needs adjusting. When you are adjusted manually often your muscles anticipate the movement and tense up just before the chiropractor jerks or pushes on an area. That can actually do more damage in some people.

Their is a website that lists qualified practitioners. Just type in Activator method and chiropractors in a search engine and you'll find it.

I wouldn't even mention the chiropractor's "nerve test" to your neurologist...he'll laugh you out of the room. It's rare that they see the value of adjustments and will probably just tell you horror stories. However I could tell far more horror stories about neurologists than I can about chiropractors!

Jan
  6. suzetal

suzetal New Member

If it was on the up and up when you have your EMG it should show the same exact problem areas.

I would not tell your neuro till after He / She is done with your EMG to see if they do.

For Every Day A New Dawn Will Come.......Sue