Chiropractor

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by karenl, Aug 23, 2005.

1. karenl

karenl New Member

Has anyone had positive experience with a chiropractor in relief of pain? Thanks for any info.
  2. jaltair

jaltair New Member

I've had better luck with massage. I've gone to a chiro for sciatic pain and shoulder pain. It depends on where and what's causing the pain. For the "tender points" and shoulder pain that I have, I prefer massage. When I have the sciatic pain, sometimes it helps to go to the chiro. However, I think that when I feel better after chiro, and it does take a week or 2 before I feel better, that it's the time element over the manipulation. But, a massage helps immediately!
  3. badangel3

badangel3 New Member

I tried adjustments and ended up worst; couldn't even walk out on my own. But I've gone for a period of time just for massages and they helped a great deal. The cost was less for me at the Chiropractor because my insurance covers a portion of the cost for the massages. J.
  4. Rosaine

Rosaine New Member

Hi, I could not survive without my chiropractor. he does both manipulation and soft muscle massage. I find a massage, head massage, or even a face massage too painful. If your chiropracter isn;'t helping try and find one who knows about fibro.
    Ros
  5. Sue50

Sue50 New Member

was wonderful, the pain was about half as much while going to him a couple of times a week, but ofcourse it was only temp. the pain came back after I stopped going to him :(
    Sue