Chiropractors and supplements

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Simoriah, Oct 15, 2005.

1. Simoriah

Simoriah New Member

I'm flaring again, and my neck has gotten so bad that I went to see a chiropractor twice this week, and it feels so much better already. I have also started taking noni juice, SAM-E, and malic acid. I haven't gone to the doctor yet because I really don'[t want to take any more or stronger meds than I already am. I have decided to supplement them with a more natural approach.

The Noni juice I decided to start taking due to a thread on this site. The SAM-E my husband found some information on for me, and the malic acid on the advice of the chiropractor. I am really hopeful that this will work as one of my biggest fears is becomeing too dependent on the drugs.

I will let you know how the supplements work for me, and if you have any experiences and/or advice for me, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Simoriah
  2. elsa

elsa New Member

BUMPING .....
  3. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

I started taking supplements about a year ago on the advice of my wonderful chiropractor. I was taking lots of magnesium, malic acid, vitamin B complex, vitamins C & E, CoQ10...These helped greatly.

Since I have been diagnosed with Lyme, my LLMD has taken me off everything but calcium. His belief is that the disease feeds off the supplements. I have noticed that I've been going downhill since then, which may also be attributed to the 3 new meds I'm on for Lyme.
  4. Simoriah

Simoriah New Member

The doctor has me taking cymbalta, soma, relafen, ambien, and darvocet. She has upped the prescriptions as my pain has increased and I do not want to do that again if I can avoid it.

I am not taking any probiotics, just eating yogurt. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

Simoriah