Chlorella and Kidney Infection???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sdjones, Sep 4, 2006.

1. sdjones

sdjones New Member

Hello Everyone,

I recently tried Chlorella for about 2 weeks. I had heard many good things about it.

Towards the end of the 2 weeks I noticed that I had developed a kidney infection (so I thought anyway) and went to have a sample tested.

My doctor couldn't find any bacteria with the test strip, but he did find blood in my urine and increased white blood cell activity.

Has anyone experienced or know of anyone who had problems with their kidneys after they tried Chlorella?

It's been bothering me right much for about 1 week now. My doctor gave me Cipro for about 10 days and I'm on the beginning of the fifth day. I still have some (about half) of the symptoms. Sure hope it goes away soon 'cause it's bothering the heck out of me!!

Thank Ya'll,
    Sandra J.
  2. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I was comptemplating buying some soon. Please keep us informed.

Is this a herx?
    [This Message was Edited on 09/05/2006]
  3. sdjones

sdjones New Member

Is this a herx?

I don't think so, because it's not like any herx symptom that I've had before. Maybe my kidneys just reacted weird to the Chlorella. I was hoping that it would go away with some cranberry juice and I must've drank a gallon. No luck. It got so bad that I could hardly go to the restroom.

I know that there are a lot of people who have used it for years with no ill effects and lots of good effects. I guess I'm just the oddball out of the bunch, lol!

My kidneys seem to be getting better. The symptoms aren't as severe as about a week ago. I'm five days into the Cipro that my doctor gave me. I did think it was strange that no bacteria showed up in my sample. Maybe the Chlorella made my kidneys raw and that is where the problem is coming from. The reason I think this is, like I posted in my first comment, there was blood in the sample.

Just a thought anyway. I'm just glad it's starting to feel better, whew! I couldn't hardly sleep at night.

Thank ya'll for the kind words and my advice is if you decide to try it, start with only one pill a day and if you notice anything strange then I would stop the supplement.

God Bless,
    Sandra