CHOCOLATE - Good for Blood vessels!!! Yummy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by darude, Jan 21, 2006.

1. darude

darude New Member

Hey this is my kind of treatment!! Bring it on!!!!!!

Chocolate: good for blood vessels

BEIJING, Aug. 31 (Xinhuanet) -- Greek researchers have found that eating dark chocolate seems to make the blood
    vessels more flexible.

Now for some news to make chocolate-lovers feel less guilty: eating dark chocolate seems to make the blood vessels more flexible, which helps prevent the hardening of the arteries that leads to heart attacks. China Radio International reported Monday.

Researchers at Athens Medical School in Greece studied 17 healthy young volunteers and found that eating dark chocolate may improve the function of the endothelial cells in the walls of the blood vessels for at least three hours.

The cells are believed to be affected by free radical oxygen damage and are considered a mirror of the overall health of the cardiovascular system.

They suggest that dark chocolate is rich in flavonoids, which act as natural antioxidants, chemicals that combat the damage oxygen does to the body.

(

Related Story

[This Message was Edited on 01/22/2006]
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Lindt makes a dark chocolate bar with bits of orange rind and nuts. It is totally delicious and I'm not usually a fan of dark chocolate.

Love, Mikie
  3. darude

darude New Member

I LOVE dark chocolate!!! I miss the Cadburys Bourneville that I used to get in England. Loved it.
  4. darude

darude New Member

I'm gonna have love Belgian Chocolate it's the BEST in the world. Real luxury.
  5. darude

darude New Member

Ya the chocolate is really different. I don't like it here in North America they make it sooooooo different. Tastes like wax to me. Even if they have yummy choc like Cadburys they don't make it the same. I also love Cadburys Flakes and used to have them in ice cream cones in England. When i gave my son Chocolate in England he asked what is was as it tasted so different. course he loved it!!!!!!!!!
  6. JLH

JLH New Member

msmoody .... does your mom want to adopt another daughter--say one in her 50s who also loves chocolate!!!!

I think I would be in heaven with $500 worth of chocolate!!!!

But ... I'm not a real fan of dark chocolate. I like it if it's just a coating around stuff like coconut, or cream fillings, but just not as a chunk of dark choc.

I prefer milk chocolate. Really, any type of chocolate is OK!!!!!

Have to feed by BIG sweet tooth!!!!

Janet (the diabetic, ugh!!!)
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I loved trying all the different chocolate.

On a trip to Mexico, I bought a Hershey's chocolate bar and it tasted totally different as did their milk and eggs.

I do buy European butter and it is excellent.

Love, Mikie
  8. darude

darude New Member

It's amazing the difference. When I go home i love their bacon, eggs, milk, ice cream, chocolate , fish and chips, lamb, chicken. ALL tastes so much better. First time I had a chocolate bar here it tasted like poison!!!
  9. darude

darude New Member

There is a special chocolate you can buy now full of antioxidants I will post on it. Don't know how it tastes tho.