Cholestyramine

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bakron, Sep 9, 2003.

1. bakron

bakron New Member

I've written this before, but thought I would submit it again for review by those interested in Cholestyramine as therapy:

In the Allergy Research Group newsletter, "Focus", dated August 2002, I found the following excerpt:

"Additionally, binding therapy with the cholesterol-lowering drug Cholestyramine is an option in treating some of these patients. This drug has a complimentary positive charge to the generally negative charge of the neurotoxin and as the neurotoxin-bile complex passes the Sphincter of Oddi where bile is released from the gallbladder, it binds neurotoxins linked to bile, which can then not be reabsorbed. Prolonged use of Cholestyramine has proven to be disappointing in patient out-comes whereby the infection is of a chronic nature. Cycling of Cholestyramine has been utilized (5 days on, 10 days off) or an early AM single dose for several months.

In our clinical experience we have found that venous Phospholipid Exchange is one of the most efficient ways of clearing the liver and biliary tree which are paramount in addressing neurotoxic syndromes. Oral use of phospholipids in a Liver Flush is also an effective intervention.

Blood thinning agents such as Heparin and Warfarin increase blood flow around the damaged endothelium, however, reconstituting membrane fluidity can directly address coagulation in a natural restorative way. Vibrant healthy membranes will not permit agglomeration."

Could the problem be related (not caused by but related) to elevated levels of cholesterol? I have read possible causes of elevated cholesterol being due to lack of bile. There may be a link here as well to levels of cholesterol.

2. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

THE RECENT APPLICATION OF THAT DRUG IS TIED TO A DR. R... S.. & HIS APPROACH TO "CHRONIC NEURO TOXINS". HE DOES HAVE A WEBSITE. IT DOES HELP SOME PEOPLE , BUT NOT ALL. MY OPINION IS THAT THE "TESTS" HAVE SUCH A LOW THRESHOLD THAT MOST PEOPLE WOULD REGISTAR AS "POSITIVE". ALL I CAN REALLY RELATE IS MY EXPERIENCE. I TESTED "POSITIVE" & MY DR. HAD ME USE THAT TREATMENT. IT NOT ONLY DID NOT "CURE" ME , BUT ALSO CREATED ADDITIONAL PROBLEMS. I FINISHED TWO RX'S OF THAT TREATMENT (YES I CAN BE STUBBORN..). I RECEIVED NO BENEFITS FROM IT. FORTUNATELY , THE THE ADDITIONAL PROBLEMS FADED AWAY SHORTLY AFTER I FINISHED MY FINAL COURSE. HOPE THIS HELPS. TAKE CARE & BLESSINGS!!!!!!!! BILLCAMO.
  3. CreateHope

CreateHope New Member

I've been reading up a lot on cholestyramine. I've been on Dr. Shoemaker's website and I've taken the VCS test twice on two different computers and have failed. I've contacted one of the docs on his referral and have talked to Dr. Golan once today briefly. He told me in his experience, Shoemaker's methods only work on those with citugura. I don't know if I have the cituguara neurotoxin; I just know that from another website, that research shows most people with Chronic Fatigue have cituguara in their systems. I haven't been DXed with CFS officially, but I think I've got that as well as FM. Certainly I wouldn't be the first. Then again, how reliable is internet information?

I have also read an article (on the web) on coagulation problems in chronic illness, which says small blood vessels can get obstructed with fibrin, a strand like substance in the blood that invlves clotting and results in poor blood flow. This can make you feel really bad. The article goes on to talk about VCS testing, and cholestyramine.

It seems the more I find out, the more I need to research!
    Kate

[ advertisement ]