Chonic uti ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by willruthie1965, Jul 15, 2008.

1. willruthie1965

willruthie1965 New Member

Is chronic uti a symptom of fibro? Ruthie
  2. cbs1234

cbs1234 New Member

Unless it is life threatening, please don't take a fluoroquinilone such as cipro, levaquin, avelox, etc for the UTI. The potential side effects are not worth the risk. Find another antibiotic option.
  3. Sachmo500

Sachmo500 New Member

I don't know if it is officially, but I have that issue and doctors always tell me I am text book when I go through my symtoms
  4. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

ive had this early on years before the CFS became severe. I think its just a constant inbalance in our body that causes it...
    my lyme doc said it was from the bacteria.
    Who knows. :(
    But yes I am prone to these too....I have to constantly drink water or I will certainly get one within a day or two.
    Weird huh.

LISALOO New Member

Could be IC, check it out, it runs in tandem with FIbro and CFS
  6. Honora88

Honora88 Member

I took very expensive meds from fibro and fatigue which helped, but what really helped was tong ren which was free.

Also, I went to an herbalist and he had these tiny black round pills that made them go away one time. However, I don't like chinese medicine because it doesn't have safety testing
  7. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

I have had FM my whole life and I have had chronic UTIs my whole life.

I am now being tested for interstitial cystitis.

I have taken almost every ABX out there. I have taken Cipro and have not had any problems with it. Yes, I hear it can be dangerous, but just like any other med it affects different people in different ways. I have never taken longer than a 3 day course though and that was always enough to clear the infection.

I am now on a daily low dose of Bactrim to hopefully keep the infections at bay while more testing is done.
  8. homesheba

homesheba New Member

it sure seems like i pretty much have one, or almost getting one ,or just had one,
    ever since i got fibro....
    i try now to drink alot of water
    and that helps me some i think.