choosing this life

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by ameilie73, Apr 29, 2013.

1. ameilie73

ameilie73 Member

As i understand, some people believe that they choose their life before they are born.

That depending on their choice they can reach a new level of the afterlife bringing them closer to heaven.

So in all essense according to that belief, i chose to have the upbringing i had, the pitfalls ive faced, and the pain of Fibromyalgia i suffer, along with everything else that comes with it.

Therefore....I'd like to say......................

"I've changed my mind I want to be a cat."

Ameile
  2. windblade

windblade Active Member

There is a great quote by D.H. Lawrence comparing heaven to being a languid cat all at peace.

About 25 years ago I came across that belief in a book I was reading. It upset me greatly because I grew up in an abusive home! Why would I choose that?

Then recently, I think I understood Clarissa Pinkola Estes to say something similar, about being chosen for the struggles in our times. Being healers for others. Ameile - I've been leaving you messages on different boards you posted on about loving Women Who Run with the Wolves by Dr. Estes!!!

She is one of the most healing and wise women I've ever come across. That book was a huge life - changer for me! And, I've been dying to ask you if you follow her FB page. She has put previously unseen pages from WWRWTW on there, and other books of her poems, and teachings.

She writes about everything there - she is so expansive, imaginative, and loving. Pleeeease let me know if you read this message - lol.

p.s. you can join that page and she responds so wonderfully to the little group there.

Judy
  3. ameilie73

ameilie73 Member

I'd have to agree with D.H Lawrence ;-)

I didn't know she had a facebook page thank you for that. Women Who Run With The Wolves, is one of my favorite books. I think one of the best way to create awareness is through stories. Whether fictional, anecdotal, someone elses, or your own.

Its nice to bump into a fellow reader.

Ameile
    x