Chose To Stay At Home Christmas Eve

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ksp56, Dec 24, 2005.

1. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Of course I have some nagging guilt, especially due to my 23 y/o daughter. She will not come to grips with my DD's.

Everyone is at my Mom's. I wish I could be there, but my body was SCREAMING NO earlier today. After doing some things, I listened.

My best friend's husband is dying of cancer. I have spent much time with them and feel blessed to do so. They decided on hospice yesterday, and that is a prayer answered for me.

Sitting on those chairs for 3 days has put my body into a mess. The last three nights I've sobbed as nothing seemed to touch it. The knots were so hard. My vicoden did nothing, this time. I tried MSM, anything quite basically! It took about 3 hours for my body to stop screaming last night.

Christmas will be here tomorrow and I will be looking forward to it. Just needed today to rest and get the food ready. I thank God for my husband. He has done the shopping I wasn't able to, wrapped, etc., etc. I am very blessed.

Everyone, take care of your precious bodies! I rather am enjoying listening to mine and not letting others dictate how I feel!

I wish everyone a peace and love filled season and New Year.

Kim
  2. MamaR

MamaR New Member

Your daughter isn't accepting this change in your body.

It sounds so familiar. I have children like that. They don't say it in front of me...but I know that they talk about it among themselves.

I worried about it at first, but had to just let it go!! This is my body in pain.....not theirs!

I agree with you.... take it easy. You are blessed to have a helpful hubby. I do too!

Have good day tommorrow....MamaR
  3. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Thank you for sharing with me!

My daughter does not hesitate to tell me how this affects her life, and that she cannot believe this is what I will always be like. Then she pulls her 18 y/o brother into the mix! I cannot believe she is like this. I was brought up to be compassionate to others. This was something I thought was shown to her as she was growing up. Sighhhhh...

I know that being here is the best thing! If I didn't hurt so bad, I would be dancing a 'jig'!! LOL

Yes, we are lucky to have wonderful husbands.

Have a good and peaceful holiday..

Hugs,

Kim
  4. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I know how hurtful our kids can be to us. It is NOT the way they were raised...as we raised them with respect, compassion! It is just this generation...I guess!? I certainly don't know where else it could come from.

Take it easy tonight sweetie!
  5. grandmasheri

grandmasheri New Member

Praying your daughter will accept your condition and treat her mother with more respect. hang in there, they all grow up eventualy even if it takes a lifetime lol
    God Bless and merry christmas

Sheri
  6. Jen102

Jen102 New Member

to your friend who has cancer. You have given of yourself to her and are bearing the cost of your gift by not feeling well and by missing Christmas Eve with your family. What a pleasing gift to our Savior. Blessings to you. Jen102