Christian Fiction Book Club

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ABLUV, Aug 30, 2008.

1. ABLUV

ABLUV New Member

Hi there! This is for those who are interested in reading Christian novels. Several of the members of this board expressed intrest in reading a book called Proof by Bill Bright and Jack Cavanaugh. I'm ready to start if you all are...
  2. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

I was thinking about doing a post like this, glad you beat me too it.

I just ordered my book Proof from Amazon, so i'll be reading it soon.

Ready, set, go!!

3. ABLUV

ABLUV New Member

the local library. How fast do you read? I'm wondering if I should go ahead and get started. I have so many things going on that I don't have time to read a book real fast. And how does an online book club work anyway? I've never done this before?
  4. morningsonshine

Well i was hoping more of the people from the original post would see this and join.

But, that's okay, there's still time. We have the whole month to read the book. And then discuss it at the end of the month.

No set rules, however. If we are lucky there might even be discussion question in the back of the book. Alot of novel do anymore for book clubs.

I'll let ya know when i get my book.
  5. ABLUV

ABLUV New Member

sounds good to me. Thanks for reading this book with me; I look forward to our discussion...God bless you...abluv
  6. teacher

teacher New Member

I'm interested in reading this book! I shall go look for it this coming week.

Sorry I didn't reply sooner. School started last week and I have been too tired to come to the board before today.

Please be patient with me. September is always a bit rough trying to manage the start of school and CFS/ME!

I'll do my best to keep up though!

7. morningsonshine

Just got my book in the mail and cracked it open. I like it already, and had to laugh out loud at one point. About men being like sleeping grizzlys and women just having to poke them. It was cute.

Hey Teacher,

Welcome we can wait for you lots of time yet. This book isn't something i would normally pick, but it's already drawing me in.
    Can't imagine working at school with CFS, ouch! I'm having a hard time just getting up to put kids on the bus. I sleep the best in the morning for some reason.

8. ABLUV

ABLUV New Member

Morningsonshine, I'm glad you like the book. And welcome aboard, Teacher! I am enjoying the book immensely. I am thinking of going to another board to advertise this book club. What do you think? Is it better to keep it small?

Also check your local library, you may not have to buy the book. If you need extra time, you can call the library and extend your due date.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/10/2008]
  9. morningsonshine

I finished the book, it was great.

I'm ready to talk, but will try to keep mum, and not give anything away.

10. ABLUV

ABLUV New Member

You finished! I knew you'd beat me!! I have so much going on that I can't read as fast as you. I am 2/3 done. Please be patient.